Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "My Natural Weight is 153 lbs"... Is Khan Weight-Drained At 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan: "My Natural Weight is 153 lbs"... Is Khan Weight-Drained At 140?

Just saw this tweet:

Amir Khan @AmirKingKhan 9 May

My natural weight is 153 lbs. Never touched canvas at tht weight. 140 I kill myself making it, iv been this weight since 2009.

----

Many fighters lose weight before a fight but usually it's excess body fat. Khan says his natural weight is 153, so he might truly be weight-drained at 140, similar to how Dawson appeared weight-drained when he fought Ward at 168, or De La Hoya was weight-drained when he fought Pacquiao at 147.

Are the signs there to indicate that Khan has outgrown 140 and he's doing himself no favors remaining at that division?
    Yes -- it's very likely
    24.53%
    Maybe -- it's a possibilty
    26.42%
    No -- definitely not
    47.17%
    I don't know
    1.89%

He never touched canvas at this weight?

But he never officially fought at this weight...

Comment

He is not weight drained at 140.

Amir has always dehydrated up to 149 when fighting at 140.

I think that if he would be weight drained, he would atleast dehydrate up to 155.

Comment

Like he walks around at 153?

I don't think so, 153 to 140 is not that crazy, unless he is staying in very good shape at 153 and I don't think he stays in shape like that (at least to that level).

Comment

Also if he thinks he can do better work higher up what exactly is stopping him, it is not like he won't be able to get fights~

Comment

So fight at 154 then

If 153 is his natural weight, i dont really see the problem with cutting 13 pounds. He just fought at 143 and looked worse then ever

Comment

I said this before

what he means is that on fight night, when he is at his physical peak after training, it is at 153

He also means in training, said he has been caught clean and took the punch a lot better and also recovered quicker

I know khan has lost and wants to avenge but he should be moving up to 147, the peterson and garcia can come at at those weights later

His technique is his flaw, he has a fantastic straight punch but throws very wild hooks. Peterson he would beat, he beat him the first time for me, it was a bs decision

garcia is overrated but so is khan, at 147 he stands a slightly better chance, people really overrate garcia, the guy has so so so many flaws as well

my main point is khan stands a better chance vs garcia at 147

Comment

Khan vs Canelo

Comment

Lmao more excuses. Gay.

Actually, it sounds to me like he's trying to lie to himself and convince himself that he doesnt have a bad chin.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What the fcuk is he on about? I swear some people should just think of stupid crap to say and not tweet about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X