No announcement yet.

Why do you love Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you love Boxing

For me it is the only sport where it is 1 on 1 and you determine your own destiny. During training you get a chance to know you,how far you can go,you know your limits. Boxing in it's essence is pure and beautiful.

Last edited by eurochamp; 11-08-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

the one on one is my reason. i used to pitch in baseball and run track for similar reasons.

Comment

and the history. i can't forget that...Jack Johnson's story is one of the greatest i have read. same with Ali.

Comment

awesome thread

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            the one on one is my reason. i used to pitch in baseball and run track for similar reasons.
            Being alone makes your soul strong
            Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            and the history. i can't forget that...Jack Johnson's story is one of the greatest i have read. same with Ali.
            Yes there are a lot of amazing stories involving fighters,some had to go through so much to achieve greatness
            Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
            awesome thread
            thank you sir

Comment

Because boxing is the ultimate redemption story. Boxing doesn't care if you're rich, poor, young, old, tall, short, fat, skinny, black, white, Jewish, muslim, christian, a genius, an illiterate, (and now) a man, woman, gay, or straight.

If you've got the determination to put in the work, the bravery to partake in an act that may, hurt, disfigure, possibly kill you, and likely disable you. The heart to take punishment and accept that you'll earn a living with your hands. The mental fortitude to understand that you are partaking in the most unnatural act of taking pain as well as inflicting pain.

And then have the courage to shake your opponents hand (win or lose) in the ultimate fraternal understanding?

Thats why I love Boxing.

Comment

Comment

1) Boxing, more than any other sport, leaves nothing to chance. It's the physical equivalent of chess, but better

2) The sport constantly evolves, and the stories told are better than almost any, anywhere.

3) Because you don't 'play' boxing. You box, and you fight. A boxer IS his/her body. Nothing else involved. It's the purest of sports.

Good thread.

Comment

LOL. Finally realized who the TS was.

Anyways, because my dad was a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X