No announcement yet.

Mayweather Promises excitement, not moving, bringing pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    It was legit, but it showed ricky wasnt an elite ww. But i dont want to argue the past cuz its been done to death.........

This will be the second floyd fight in a row that im excited about (shane was a total letdown in the floyd fight, and floyd was a minor one because he fought so passively when he had shane hurt).

Its been since '03 that i can say this.
    True true, I don't know why he let up on Shane, only he knows. I know he won't risk getting ko'd pushing for a ko, if its there it is.

Comment

He does always say this, though at this point I wonder if his legs are gone enough that Mayweather doesn't want to move unless he has to.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
        Yea lets not pretend he hasn't had plenty of exciting fights, everyone has some duds and boring fights, but like I said its his style, he likes to control the pace. And also its him in the ring not us. He's the one boxing, he's gonna get the win regardless if its exciting or not, and like dude said you know his style and his fights if you don't like, don't tune in. Against Ortiz you can't let him control the pace And pressure, you gotta get him moving back, ie Maidana and Peterson
        Exactly. All his opponent/s have to do is try to not give him that sort of comfort and take it away. They have to come up with a way to do it. Otherwise, Floyd will look much more superior than them by doing lesser works, but he'll still end up with greater results.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Tiger View Post
          Let's hope Ortiz can do it to bring out the best out of Floyd. If not, then he's just gonna outbox Ortiz comfortably. If you can't force him to fight at your level[Take him out of his comfort zone], then he'll just outbox you comfortably. It's not that hard to comprehend really. Think about it, he doesn't have to work as hard as any other Boxers to lands his punches, it's up to his opponents to try to work harder than him to lands their punches first.
          yeah ortiz will probably just follow floyd around the ring, curious to see how much speed difference there is between the two

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            He does always say this, though at this point I wonder if his legs are gone enough that Mayweather doesn't want to move unless he has to.
            I don't know about his legs being gone (he plays basketball regularly) but it makes sense if he only moves when he has to. Why move more than you have to?

There's only a few fights where Mayweather's had to utilize all square footage of the ring;

Corrales, Castillo I & II, Baldomir, DLH, and some of the Hatton fight. All of his other fights, he's walked down his opponents and has been willing to engage, but his style impends on his opponents ability to think. The guy has gumption in the ring... no he won't stand and bang, but he'll slip, roll, and pivot while staying close enough to counter.

But somehow, that constitutes as running.

Comment

git em Floyd, you are the best P4P Ive eva seen brah!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                I don't know about his legs being gone (he plays basketball regularly) but it makes sense if he only moves when he has to. Why move more than you have to?

There's only a few fights where Mayweather's had to utilize all square footage of the ring;

Corrales, Castillo I & II, Baldomir, DLH, and some of the Hatton fight. All of his other fights, he's walked down his opponents and has been willing to engage, but his style impends on his opponents ability to think. The guy has gumption in the ring... no he won't stand and bang, but he'll slip, roll, and pivot while staying close enough to counter.

But somehow, that constitutes as running.
                So who in this threae said anything about running but check hooks(and he dont count)

Not to mention that your post doesnt apply to the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                  ahhh yes mayweathhype.com for the *****'s to escape... wander how much money may has to pay to make himself look good.

Comment

Originally posted by tdubb View Post
                    ahhh yes mayweathhype.com for the *****'s to escape... wander how much money may has to pay to make himself look good.
                    Thank you for contributing nothing but your useless opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      So who in this threae said anything about running but check hooks(and he dont count)

Not to mention that your post doesnt apply to the thread.
                      My post was a response to a fellow adult.

Comment

Working...
                      X