Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward fight Arthur Abraham in Germany?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Andre Ward fight Arthur Abraham in Germany?

Abraham and Ward meet in the semi-final of the super 6 later this year but where should the venue be for this fight?

I personally Abraham has every right to have the fight in Germany. In his last two Super 6 fights Abraham has had to fight away from home. The last time out it was a neutral venue against Froch and can't really complain about the result.

And the fight before that is was on Dirrel's home turf and there was questionable decision. Dirrel was put down but the ref ruled it a slip and then you have the controversy over DQ.

Ward on the other hand has not fought outside his hometown since the beginning of the Super 6.

First time out against Kessler, Ward boxed well, but he also was using his head at every opportunity. Cutting Kessler above both eyes with deliberate headbutts that caused Kessler a career threating injury that put him out of the Super 6. Ward got away with these deliberate butts all night, and highlighted a hometown ref.

Then Green was up next Ward won comfortably but every round on the judges scorecards. Then he had a fight outside the the Super 6 against fellow top head butter Bika. This was a close fight with Bika and a dirty fight, I thought Ward won again but only by the most 4 rounds. How on earth did 1 judge score the fight 120-108, disgraceful and the other two judges were not that much better. Still Wards was allowed to get away with his butting antics, I suppose so did Bika.

If you were Abraham would you want to go Ward backyard and get head butted for 12 rounds, the referee ruling all of them to be accidental, then to get shut out by the judges no matter what you did in the fight.

Germany is not the best place to go for the traveling fighter there have been some disgraceful decision in Germany over the years, the latest happened just last month with Lebedev vs Huck.

But because Abraham has not fought at home over his last two fights and that all Ward has done so Abraham team will have good reason for it be in Germany.

The only other option is a neutral venue but where?
    Wardtown, where every butt is accidental
    7.14%
    Germany, where you need a KO to get a Draw
    47.62%
    Neutral venue, but where?
    45.24%

yes. Ward should do it just to shut the critics up.

He'll beat Abraham in Oakland, Detroit, Florida, NY, Germany, Mars or Pluto. Doesn't matter.

Comment

No because even if he dominates every single round he will still get robbed by the filthy Germans. Germany is a disgrace, they don't deserve to have top level fights including Americans. The fight should be at a neutral venue in the US or Canada... anywhere but Germany. Germany is the joke of boxing.

Comment

Neutral Venue: At Staples Center in downtown LA. Southern California.

You will get a ****load of armenian supporters (including me) there to see Abraham, if he still has any supporters left, and there will be a decent sized amount of Andre Ward and purist, neutral fans.

Comment

it would be at AA's frontyard and would'nt matter......AA aint got no boxing skills for real,......he aint ****.....ward still a dirty ass fighter tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Megamerican View Post
            No because even if he dominates every single round he will still get robbed by the filthy Germans. Germany is a disgrace, they don't deserve to have top level fights including Americans. The fight should be at a neutral venue in the US or Canada... anywhere but Germany. Germany is the joke of boxing.

I don't think you can call the US a neutral venue and the judging and reffing in Oakland have been a disgrace too.

Comment

NO.......it should be on neutral grounds....................

Comment

They could hold it in Arthur Abraham's kitchen and he'd still lose.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this is a useless fight?

Comment

His last three fights have been in Oak...he's a punk. Let him go to Germany and fight out there

Comment

Working...
                    X