Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Round will Pacman say "Damn, that hurts" from cotto's liver shots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro this is not the 130 lbs. weight class. Pac will not bring the same power and he wont be able to hurt Cotto as easily as he has his other opponents. This is 145 lbs welterweight division where Cotto has been for quite a while. People didn't think Cotto could beat Mosely because of handspeed but he did. Same thing with Zab judah which in my opinion is a much faster boxer then Floyd ***weather (which by the way Judah won againgst Floyd). All in all, it should be a great fight because the punching power that everyone has seen from Pac will not be the same but his speed will still be there and Cotto will protect himself from that.

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
      I say 4th round. Not saying cotto is going to KO pacman but Pacman has NEVER, EVER been hit with the liver punch that cotto will hit him. If you watch many of Pacman's fights you'll see him get tagged with shots that move him but no power behind the punches. Marquez rocked him silly in second fight but marquez did not follow up. Cotto has been hit by Margarito, Clottey, 2 big fighters, way bigger than any pacman opponent. I hope the odds against cotto go past 4-1, i need to win some money.
      id say cotto will be doing fantastic to even make it to the 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by BAD-BOY View Post
        Where would we be without your intelligence
        That was a great articulated contribution to this forum. And by the way, this is not 130 lbs anymore. He's fighting big boys now. And please Pac fans, do not bring up Hatton and Oscar. One is washed up and the other is garbage that has never fought anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          id say cotto will be doing fantastic to even make it to the 4th round.
          You might be right?

Comment

Originally posted by cottofan4life View Post
            That was a great articulated contribution to this forum. And by the way, this is not 130 lbs anymore. He's fighting big boys now. And please Pac fans, do not bring up Hatton and Oscar. One is washed up and the other is garbage that has never fought anyone.
            no its not 130lbs anymore, ur right! but all that says is pacman is going to be pretty much at his actual natural weight rather than boiling down. cant be a bad thing. and hatton has actually accomplished more than cotto up to date in terms of championships won. also hatton beat quite possibly the best 140lb fighter this planet has ever seen in tszyu. hatton was never the best in the world, but you dont win 4 world titles in 2 weight divisions if you are garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
              You might be right?
              i might be, altho id rather i was wrong, cant be arsed staying up til 6 am to watch 2 or 3 rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by cottofan4life View Post
                Bro this is not the 130 lbs. weight class. Pac will not bring the same power and he wont be able to hurt Cotto as easily as he has his other opponents. This is 145 lbs welterweight division where Cotto has been for quite a while. People didn't think Cotto could beat Mosely because of handspeed but he did. Same thing with Zab judah which in my opinion is a much faster boxer then Floyd ***weather (which by the way Judah won againgst Floyd). All in all, it should be a great fight because the punching power that everyone has seen from Pac will not be the same but his speed will still be there and Cotto will protect himself from that.
                I keep saying that. Pacman is a very good fighter who will always be known for what he did against featherweights and lightweights. If he beats cotto he'll be known for beating a top welterweight. I cannot put hatton/oscar in that category. Hatton is a lightweight and oscar was past his best and even stevie wonder could see that. Pacman will tag cotto with shots, we all know that. But it's going to take welterweight power to knock out cotto. Yes, pacman might knock him down but What evidence in past fights will give you the idea that pacman will knock out cotto when WELTERWEIGHTS have not done that. Barerra? Morales? Marquez? Did he knockout Marquez?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  i might be, altho id rather i was wrong, cant be arsed staying up til 6 am to watch 2 or 3 rounds!
                  I understand, would hate to order the fight to see 5-6 rds.

Comment

Well, I havent been on here for a while since I was in boot camp but alot of things have been going on and it looks like 09' is gonna end in a great way. Pac vs Cotto is going to be absolutely ridiculous if you ask me... Im a fan of both but I won't say who im going for just yet... Im super stoked. Im sure mayweather will have something to say when he sees the spotlight is not on him... Hopefully the JMM vs FMJ will be a great prelude to a mega bout...

Comment

I say that the first time Cotto sits on one of his power punches Pacman will change whatever game plan he has,I like paquiao but I just dont think(my opinion and opinions are like ass holes,everyone has one)that Paquiao can handle either of the top ww,hell i even pick berto over him

Comment

Working...
                      X