Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Jacobs' next demand/excuse be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Gigi turned down 10 million to fight a buy Floyd walked down with ease..

Get GGG some balls...and a pair for yourself while you're at it.
    Why don't GeeGee just retire? Let's all boycott his fights!

Comment

Oh well

They both off the date and still negotiating. Both feel it's too close and agree to move to 2017. Winner will have a big year.

Here's hoping

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Oh well

They both off the date and still negotiating. Both feel it's too close and agree to move to 2017. Winner will have a big year.

Here's hoping
        It was never going to happen this year. I said this a few days ago. Read an interview with Jacobs' trainer a couple weeks ago where he said the negotiation could run into mid-November. And also that 2017 was more likely. Even then, he wasn't sure the fight was happening. Neither am I.

Comment

Probably the tune-up bull**** we heard before. "I can't go straight into Golovkin only having a Mora fight doe. It's been too long since my last fight doe."

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It was never going to happen this year. I said this a few days ago. Read an interview with Jacobs' trainer a couple weeks ago where he said the negotiation could run into mid-November. And also that 2017 was more likely. Even then, he wasn't sure the fight was happening. Neither am I.
            Was optimistic and still am for 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
              There is one fundamental question at the heart of Jacobs-GGG:

What is the least amount Danny is willing to accept to get KTFO?

Sadly, there isn't enough money for him to accept.

Danny exists in a world of 2 Moras and 2 Quillins.

He is also an Al Haymon fighter. And Al Haymons fighters are very special, because they are Al Haymon fighters. As Danny said after beating Mora - "we are the A-side fighters".
              I guess we will only find the answer to this when and if Jacobs signs up to fight and the purses are made public.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                someone get money for danny to get new balls.
                Not even Haymon can afford that.

Comment

If things were reversed and Jacobs was the full champ he would give GGG 25% and not a dime more. If he believed he could beat GGG he would fight him for the standard 25%. He would be twice as big a star overnight if he beat GGG. He should lose his title if he won't follow the rules.

Comment

Exactly what's the WBA waiting for strip him so we all can move on. Jacobs never had any intentions of fighting GGG any ways .

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      Correct me if I'm wrong. In case of a purse split, the highest bidder chooses, date, location, network etc etc?
                      ^^^exactly.

The hang-up is that, folks here have been pushing the "everyone is scared to even look at Golovkin, let alone fight him" for so long that they can't fathom the possibility that DiBella/Haymon will take the reigns of the event and stage the fight for their guy (December 10th becomes set for Joshua's fight and the Zlaticanin-Garcia/Charlo-Williams doubleheader, with DiBella staging the Jacobs fight in Brooklyn at/near the WBA staging deadline).

Comment

Working...
                      X