No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Decision Yet on Nonito Doniare's Return Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: No Decision Yet on Nonito Doniare's Return Opponent

Former WBO, Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond super bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire says no decision has been made as of yet on who his opponent will be in his return to the ring from a shocking loss to former Cuban two-time Olympic gold medalist Guillermo Rigondeaux last April 13 in New York.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum had passed on three options to Donaire’s manager Cameron Dunkin which included Rigondeaux and former three-division champion Vic Darchinyan who was knocked out in the 5th round by Donaire in an IBF/IBO flyweight title fight on July 7, 2007 and No.1 ranked WBO featherweight Orlando Cruz, should Donaire decide to move up in weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He has to throw in there that he wants rigo "more than anything else" so it sounds good. That's real smart . Norigo Donaire !!

Comment

donair vs gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
        He has to throw in there that he wants rigo "more than anything else" so it sounds good. That's real smart . Norigo Donaire !!
        Right. And if he didn't say that, you'll say that he's ducking, or not man enough to want a rematch, or he knows he can't ever beet Rigondeaux, or countless other things.

You may as well just acknowledge that you don't like Donaire, and leave it at that.

Comment

Donaire's number one goal in life should be a rematch with Rigo, hopefully not at Radio City Music Hall. If he can't get that (I don't no how he can't) then I agree that he should fight Gamboa.

Comment

How hard could it be? I thought he was dying for a Rigo rematch?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Its not that hard

He will fight darchinyan he will take the easy road back to back losses to Rigo will end his career. He will fight darchinyan and move up in weight

Comment

I still like Donaire. He was really annoying after the Rigo fight, but he seems to have toned that down now, so I'll be glad to see him back in the mix. Maybe if he can rebuild and get a couple of impressive wins, he can get a rematch.

Comment

He's gonna have to fight Darchinyan. He can't beat Rigondeaux.

If he moves up and takes Cruz he might win that but after that there are several sharks up there who would beat him.

Comment

What's this about not knowing who the opponent is? Weren't we garunteed that we'd know the opponent by Wednesday?

Comment

Working...
                    X