Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can 2009 be better without Pacquiao vs Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can 2009 be better without Pacquiao vs Hatton?

I think it could, I mean if Pacquaio doesnt fight hatton, then we could have
    Hatton vs Cotto in June at MSG. Would you imagine brits vs PRs in MSg, just insane, we could have Margarito vs Williams 2 in the summer too in the Home Depot center for the ring WW title and we could have either JMM vs Pacquiao 3 in vegas at 140 or if Mayweather unretires, we could have Pacquio vs Mayweather in the summer too in the MGM grand in vegas and we could have the winner of Berto-Collazo vs Clottey.

And then in december the winner of Hatton-Cotto could face the winner of Pacquaio-JMM/PBF and the winner of Williams-Margarito could face the winner of Berto/Collazo vs Clottey.

And then the last 2 standing can face each other in early 2010

What you guys think? I know from the 2nd paragraph on is full alot of ifs but what you guys think anyways?

Isnt it basically a done deal that Margarito vs Cotto 2 will happen this summer???

Comment

Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
      Isnt it basically a done deal that Margarito vs Cotto 2 will happen this summer???
      Almost, but is not sign, and if respectable bigger money fights, happends, do you think they wont delay the rematch?????

Comment

Margarito-Cotto II is scheduled for June.

I don't think Cotto will be fighting Ricky Hatton unless he finds a way to beat Margarito.

I just can't see that happening.

But to answer your question, NO...Pacquiao-Hatton is the most anticipated fight of 2009 without a doubt, and a fight that needs to happen, and will.

No other fight comes close in terms of a global event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Almost, but is not sign, and if respectable bigger money fights, happends, do you think they wont delay the rematch?????
          Yea, I don't think Arum would hesitate postponing Cotto/Marg 2 for a huge money fight like that.

But here's a question...what fight is more likely to happen, Cotto/Pac or Cotto/Hatton. With Cotto/Pac Arum doesn't have to split money with GBP. But it would also guarantee that one of his cash cows would have a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
            Margarito-Cotto II is scheduled for June.

I don't think Cotto will be fighting Ricky Hatton unless he finds a way to beat Margarito.

I just can't see that happening.

But to answer your question, NO...Pacquiao-Hatton is the most anticipated fight of 2009 without a doubt, and a fight that needs to happen, and will.

No other fight comes close in terms of a global event.
            I didnt ask wich is the best fight, I ask if that fight not happening maybe is better for boxing this year? I asked that because it could open new fights!!!!

Comment

well the fact that Cotto is Arum's most important fighter because of the money he can make him well i would think that if he thinks Cotto could beat Margarito then he would want to make that fight first! If Cotto were to win his rematch against a fighter like Margarito he would regain his spot as one of the top 3 P4P fighters in the world. and he could once again promote him as a huge star and get huge money fights! Now if he doesnt think Cotto can beat Margarito then i'm sure he would look at other possibilities

Comment

Hatton vs Cotto in June at MSG. Would you imagine brits vs PRs in MSg, just insane, we could have Margarito vs Williams 2 in the summer too in the Home Depot center for the ring WW title and we could have either JMM vs Pacquiao 3 in vegas at 140 or if Mayweather unretires, we could have Pacquio vs Mayweather in the summer too in the MGM grand in vegas and we could have the winner of Berto-Collazo vs Clottey.

And then in december the winner of Hatton-Cotto could face the winner of Pacquaio-JMM/PBF and the winner of Williams-Margarito could face the winner of Berto/Collazo vs Clottey.

What you guys think? I know from the 2nd paragraph on is full alot of ifs but what you guys think anyways?

Wishful thinking.....

Comment

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Basically not better at all.......

Comment

Working...
                    X