No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe Fights Kessler...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
    Im worried for anyone who thinks Kessler is better than Robin Reid or a past it Eubank.

NO is the answer.
    Eubank was not in his prime and Kessler is way better then Reid imo.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
      kessler didn't beat a single notable opponent in his prime in his career. what is mikkel kessler's best win?
      I will take Kessler's wins over Mundine and Siaca over anything Lacy has done in his career. Librado Andrade would have given Lacy hell because Lacy wouldn't be able to KO that guy.

There's a reason Kessler has always been ranked higher than Lacy, even at the time of Calzaghe-Lacy...

Comment

Originally posted by GunStar View Post
        Eubank was not in his prime and Kessler is way better then Reid imo.
        No way on this earth is Kessler better than a prime Robin reid, reid got a split dec against calzaghe anyways and calzaghe refused to give him a rematch.

Comment

Im worried for anyone who thinks Kessler is better than Robin Reid or a past it Eubank.

NO is the answer.
          I think Kessler is very close to Reid, possibly better. We will see if this fight happens. I don't put much stock into an old Eubank...

Comment

I never said Reid was better than Kessler, i was just stating some notable names in Calzones record.

I know Eubank in '97 was past prime. But i still think he is the toughest opponent Calzaghe has faced - and may remain to be so. Kessler isn't some superhero, and i don't think he's as technically proficient as Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              I think Kessler is very close to Reid, possibly better. We will see if this fight happens. I don't put much stock into an old Eubank...
              As i said above, a 'past it' eubank is still more dangerous than kessler

and robin reid is more skilled than Kessler, sorry dudes Reid got a SD against JC, Kessler wont even get that.

Comment

Eubank, Woodhall and Reid were all harder fights than Kessler.

Comment

No way on this earth is Kessler better than a prime Robin reid, reid got a split dec against calzaghe anyways and calzaghe refused to give him a rematch.
                  Yea many thought Reid won the fight, but when I look at all the tools from both men, it's not even close in my opinion.

Reid is not on the same level, Kessler is very technically solid boxer, which Reid was never one.

Comment

Originally posted by GunStar View Post
                    Yea many thought Reid won the fight, but when I look at all the tools from both men, it's not even close in my opinion.

Reid is not on the same level, Kessler is very technically solid boxer, which Reid was never one.
                    I disagree, i think reid was skilled, wait till september, Kessler's one step at a time sideways and jab crap is gonna get him into serious trouble,

Comment

I disagree, i think reid was skilled, wait till september, Kessler's one step at a time sideways and jab crap is gonna get him into serious trouble,
                      I'm shocked you actually believe that Reid was more skilled then Kessler, but I guess you can have your opinion.

I highly doubt this fight will ever happen, I wont be surprised if Cal breaks his hand again and the fight will be off.

If for some reason they ever fight, I see an easy fight for Kessler because I think he's much more solid boxer then Cal, I say Cal will be stopped by the 10th round.

I don't want to brag, but I do have a great eye for boxers, I know the difference between bad boxers and good boxers, Kessler is great imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X