No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Toshiaki Nishioka Officially Announces His Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Toshiaki Nishioka Officially Announces His Retirement

Tokyo – Japan's former World Boxing Council super bantamweight champion Toshiaki Nishioka announced his retirement Tuesday, a month after losing a world title bout to Nonito Donaire of the Philippines.

“I have done what I should do. I am fully satisfied with my boxing career,” the 36-year-old left-handed fighter told a news conference in Tokyo. “I have experienced excitement many times through 18 years as a pro boxer.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

he retired before the donaire fight even started hence why he did nothing.

Comment

Sucks that his only exposure to the US audience was a complete shit one. He should have retired before the Donaire fight, but oh well he got his payday and he'll still get his respect where he lives. Good for him, have a good retirement.

Comment

a good champ..hope he stays& eenjoys retiement...saw him 3x on video for a few ago, very fast w/good skills...2 bad some of the Fox networks don't buy the rights 2 show some of the Japanese guys we never c till 2 late in their careers, instead or reruns from OK and NW never never land...

Comment

disappointed in his performance against Nonito
          thought he'd put up a much better fight than he did
          Nonito won clearly but it wasn't that spectacular, even with the KO
          Nish had a good career though, so retiring is just fine
          he looked shopworn as hell against Nonito, couldn't get off shots

Comment

So Nonito retired Sidorenko and now Nishioka. Arce will be next!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              So Nonito retired Sidorenko and now Nishioka. Arce will be next!

he 100% retired sidorenko with that beating, but nishi was at the tail end. other than the KO he didn't take much punishment.

nishi had a nice career. i'm sure he made some good money in japan. still, though, it says a lot about a guy when he finally leaves his home country to fight in the US and completely no shows.

Comment

Nishioka is one of my favorite fighters. A true warrior and a gentleman, I give salute to his retirement you'll be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he 100% retired sidorenko with that beating, but nishi was at the tail end. other than the KO he didn't take much punishment.

nishi had a nice career. i'm sure he made some good money in japan. still, though, it says a lot about a guy when he finally leaves his home country to fight in the US and completely no shows.
                  it says a lot about the #1 guy in the division when he finally leaves his home country to fight in the US and completely no shows

Comment

He was a good champion, his KO of Johnny Gonzalez was awesome and even though he was gunshy in the early rounds, he eventually tried to beat Donaire and went out on his shield. Enjoy your retirement champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X