Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The United States is going to go bankrupt...thanks President Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
    Thank you. I love when people blame the debt on Obama who's been in office for about 6 months now and is cleaning up the mess of Bush.
    They're both at fault. In fact all of them are at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      There is income because people are starting slowly to regain confidence and are starting to spend money again, and they are doing this partly through government spending. People are less afraid than they were a few months ago that they would lose everything and no longer need to save every penny against the peril of future loss.
      Your little cartoon should have an abortion doctor with a mountain of partial birth aborted babies under militant athiest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
        1.8 trillion dollar deficit for 2009.
        13 trillion dollar debt.
        4% interest on t-bills.
        Increased/excessive/un-restrained spending justified by unrealistic economic forecasts.
        Likelihood of double digit interest rates.
        Guaranteed hyper inflation to pay back out of control debt.
        Worthless dollar.

Why does no one talk about the ramifications of massive, massive debt? How do you think massive tax increases will affect our economy? The president is currently pushing cap and trade (an absolute disaster even in a good economy) and nationalized health care that will cost over 3 trillion over ten years by a most likely inaccurate government estimate.

Can someone reply to this in an educated manner?
        Remember, Mizzou, that it is G.W. Bush's poor economic decisions that have put us in our current economic situation.

Comment

i ask all you defenders of the messiah....

HOW IS LOOKING BACK AT PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS PART OF THE SOLUTION!

yeah sure bush sucked and he did it bigtime... but the messiah's budget deficit is more in one year than bush had in 4 years....

why do people think that the solution to a BIG ****IN PROBLEM is to blame it on someone else????

Comment

Originally posted by veteran420 View Post
            i ask all you defenders of the messiah....

HOW IS LOOKING BACK AT PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS PART OF THE SOLUTION!

yeah sure bush sucked and he did it bigtime... but the messiah's budget deficit is more in one year than bush had in 4 years....

why do people think that the solution to a BIG ****IN PROBLEM is to blame it on someone else????
            no one said this was a solution, but it is the answer to the question posed by the thread starter.
            your posts have displayed a fundamental lack of understanding about politics and the government's relationship to economic crises.

Comment

I saw The O'Reilly Factor talking points on this the other day. Looks like the entire US may follow California, although I take anything from Fox with a tub of salt.

Frankly, if its $3 to 1 GBP, thats good for me. I may even be able to afford a stint at a US college.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                your posts have displayed a fundamental lack of understanding about politics and the government's relationship to economic crises.

care to enlighten me oh wise one???

or are you like most liberals who resort to insults and name calling when presented with facts??

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  The deficit started with Bush and the debt is nothing new. When the economy turns around the deficit will lower and the debt will start to fall. Right now the US treasury's credit rating has not been affected which means there is little danger. If the US Government's credit rating starts to drop those are the warning signs of uncontrollable spending, but right now spending is necessary in order to kick start the economy which will act as a catalyst for the lowering of the national debt.
                  Piggy, please speak not that for which thou not know.

Your backward economic thinking is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
                    The US is going bankrupt, but it has nothing to do with Obama

Personally, I think I'm gonna move to China
                    I would choose death before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
                      1.8 trillion dollar deficit for 2009.
                      13 trillion dollar debt.
                      4% interest on t-bills.
                      Increased/excessive/un-restrained spending justified by unrealistic economic forecasts.
                      Likelihood of double digit interest rates.
                      Guaranteed hyper inflation to pay back out of control debt.
                      Worthless dollar.

Why does no one talk about the ramifications of massive, massive debt? How do you think massive tax increases will affect our economy? The president is currently pushing cap and trade (an absolute disaster even in a good economy) and nationalized health care that will cost over 3 trillion over ten years by a most likely inaccurate government estimate.

Can someone reply to this in an educated manner?
                      Where has the massive deficit arisen from?

Didnt Clinton leave you with a surplus?

Maybe its the gross $700 bn defence budget that needs to be cut by 70%.

If I was the PM, I'd cut GB defence budget. I went to a public meeting in my home city once, we had a panel to experts to field Q too. There was almost complete support when a citizen asked the sitting MP why the govt doesnt cut the defence spending to boost social development.

Comment

Working...
                      X