No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse Discusses Peterson, Says Alexander is Tougher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Interesting to see the regard people have for Peterson's boxing ability. I always thought of him as a bit workmanlike. I don't mean that as an insult. He's the kind of guy that can get stunned early but he always just rolls his sleeves up, puts his head down, and goes to work. More relentless than technical.

To a certain extent, I think he's being seen as the boxer here because the emphasis on Matthysse's power leads people to see him as the crude puncher in the fight and Lamont as the technician. It's true that Lucas does throw some wide punches at times, but I think he's a better boxer than he's generally given credit for. I don't think anyone outside of the elite level guys is going to make him look 'dumb' in boxing terms. As Peterson himself said, his skill level is underrated.
    No one should downplay Lucas' boxing. The guy's proven time and time again, he can box with the top guys.

I just think Lamont has more wrinkles in his game that Lucas should be aware of, and is probably training for as we speak.

Comment

Mathysse is gonna beat peterson down I got a TKO

Comment

I disagree with Mathysse, and if he comes into the fight thinking this way, it'll be a long night. Peterson managed to pull off a draw with V.Ortiz when he was getting beat up. I remember the determination he had that allowed him to come back and earn a draw instead of a loss.

Alexander on the other had, loses focus. He got gift decisions against Matthyse and Kotelnik. If Lucas barely beat an unfocused Alexander (he won in my book) what will happen when Peterson turns it up during the tail end of the fight?

Prediction: Peterson wins UD if he fights slick. If he decides to fight toe-toe which is stupid IMO, Lucas wins by TKO late.

Comment

Originally posted by NoMoTomatoCans View Post
          I disagree with Mathysse, and if he comes into the fight thinking this way, it'll be a long night. Peterson managed to pull off a draw with V.Ortiz when he was getting beat up. I remember the determination he had that allowed him to come back and earn a draw instead of a loss.
          He doesn't say Alexander is tougher in the article, he says that Alexander had a more difficult style for him to deal with.

Comment

Devon is not the better fighter Lucas is just saying that because he lost to him when Peterson beats him he will say peterson is the toughest

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Lucas Matthysse’s quest to prove he’s the best Junior Welterweight in the world continues as he’s taking on a very tough assignment in Lamont Peterson. The winner will continue on in the unofficial 140 pound tourney as there will be much more clarity as to who the best really is.

While titles won’t be on the line, it’s always a great when the best fight the best and that’s exactly what we are going to see this Saturday. When Matthysse was on the most recent edition of BoxingScene Radio, he was asked if he felt Peterson was the toughest fight of his career. [Click Here To Read More]
              I think Devon is the better boxer but Lamont has more grit and he is better coached. I had Lucas winning that fight against Devon due in part to bad instructions from Devon's corner. Matthysse might be the best at 140 and 140 just may be the deepest division in the sport right now. We need more match-ups like this one.

Comment

Lucas might be underestimating Peterson a bit here. I expect Lamont to be the toughest fight of his career.

Comment

You guys can't read, can you?

He says Devon was tougher because of his movement, something Lamont will not do.

Comment

Working...
                  X