Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The UFC Doing To Make Sure Chael Sonnen Isn't On Drugs In The Silva Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The UFC Doing To Make Sure Chael Sonnen Isn't On Drugs In The Silva Rematch?

I have to ask this because I am not a hardcore MMA fan who follows that sport constantly, therefore I don't know the news like you guys do. So I need your help in answering this question. There are certain guys who I will always watch like Anderson Silva, but aside from him I really don't find MMA pleasing to watch at all. In fact he and Jon Jones are pretty much the only MMA fighters who are worth my time. Anyway, let's put that to one side and get to the main purpose of this thread : We all know that in the first Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen fight that Sonnen was drugged out of his mind, the normal, acceptable, testosterone level for a human is 4-1 and Chael Sonnen's level was higher than 16-1, which means that Chael Sonnen was more than 4 times the human limit in that fight. Which helps explain why he was able to be so competitive and nearly beat Anderson. Had he not been drugged up to the point of having the strength of 4 men combined, I doubt that he would have made it out of the first round, but I do believe that this rematch makes sense simply because the first fight was competitive. I think Chael Sonnen should've been fired and is a disgrace to sports period, but unfortunately he is just about the best Middleweight out there.

Considering all of the problems going on with drugs and sports, and in MMA in particular, I would like to think that something is being done to make sure that this rematch is fought on an even playing field. I know that the UFC are taking steps to make their sport safer which was illustrated when they caught Allistair Overeem, but what are they doing for this fight? Considering that everyone knows Chael Sonnen cheated the first time and that Anderson Silva is regarded as the greatest fighter in the history of MMA and the main reason why their sport grown so much in the last few years, I would be hard pressed to believe that they are not doing anything to protect him and their integrity as a whole. Whether it be extra drug testing, olympic style drug testing or VADA testing. They must be doing something, right? If they aren't, it's an absolute disgrace.

Since I don't follow MMA regularly, please give me some information on this and an answer to my question. I am very eager to know what the situation is.
    Last edited by JK1700; 06-17-2012, 12:46 PM.

because TRT is not a PED in the laws eyes?

Comment

the same thing they did last time. where he tested in the red zone.

Comment

chael actually has expemption for trt this time, so yeah same thing

Comment

They are working hard to ensure he can continue to cheat and get away with it. The UFC actually suggest to their fighters to go and see a Dr who will recommend them for TRT.

Comment

Wow. That just goes to show you that the UFC literally couldn't care less about their fighters. Not only do they get paid peanuts for risking their lives, but it doesn't even matter if your opponent is drugged out of his mind and gets caught, they STILL won't do anything to make the sport safer. Chael Sonnen cheated and didn't get any punishment whatsoever. He didn't get cut, the UFC didn't fine him, they didn't demote him to Strikeforce. They REWARDED him! Almost as soon as he returns he gets a title shot and isn't required to do anything with regards to stricter drug testing. Facts like these should make people think twice before getting into the sport of MMA. Boxers make far, far more money and Dana White is just as bad if not worse than Bob "I Have No Soul" Arum. If I was Anderson Silva I would have demanded random olympic style blood testing for this fight. He's the UFC's #1 fighter and should have made a stand because this is despicable. Normally I wouldn't like to see anybody get seriously hurt in combat sports but Chael Sonnen is an exception. I hope he gets beaten very badly and brutally. That guy is the epitome of everything that is wrong with combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              Wow. That just goes to show you that the UFC literally couldn't care less about their fighters. Not only do they get paid peanuts for risking their lives, but it doesn't even matter if your opponent is drugged out of his mind and gets caught, they STILL won't do anything to make the sport safer. Chael Sonnen cheated and didn't get any punishment whatsoever. He didn't get cut, the UFC didn't fine him, they didn't demote him to Strikeforce. They REWARDED him! Almost as soon as he returns he gets a title shot and isn't required to do anything with regards to stricter drug testing. Facts like these should make people think twice before getting into the sport of MMA. Boxers make far, far more money and Dana White is just as bad if not worse than Bob "I Have No Soul" Arum. If I was Anderson Silva I would have demanded random olympic style blood testing for this fight. He's the UFC's #1 fighter and should have made a stand because this is despicable. Normally I wouldn't like to see anybody get seriously hurt in combat sports but Chael Sonnen is an exception. I hope he gets beaten very badly and brutally. That guy is the epitome of everything that is wrong with combat sports.
              meh.. some UFC fans dont care if the fighters dont get paid their worth. lol

Comment

sonnen is a legend and i hope he destroys silva........... again!!

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post
                  meh.. some UFC fans dont care if the fighters dont get paid their worth. lol
                  I get the impression that they don't care about the fighters being jacked up on drugs either. They treat the fighters like animals. That's not a knock on MMA because boxing fans are the same. When a guy demands extra drug testing he gets called a coward because most of the fans couldn't care less about the fighters and just want pure entertainment. Something needs to be done about this to make all combat sports safer. If the promoters aren't willing to step up the testing, the commissions should try to force better testing on them.

It doesn't come as much of a suprise to me though. I already knew that Dana White was a scumbag. Chael Sonnen isn't the first drug cheat that he has welcomed back with open arms and I very much doubt that he will be the last.
                  Last edited by JK1700; 06-27-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Sonnen doesnt have **** on Silva, drugged or clean.

If you disagree go back and rewatch the first fight. Silva was just chilling getting some TV time the whole fight. The minute he decided he was done with his sparring match, BOOM. Chael taps.

I hate quick fights most of the time, but I hope Silva brings it from the first second this time. Shut the haters up.

Comment

Working...
                    X