Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ultimate Goal is to Get My Belt Back From Wladimir Klitschko" - David Haye (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Doesn't he have to earn a rematch by beating a ten world rated heavyweight or two? Haye is always in a hurry for what he wants. When was the last time he was in the ring. I know the guy can fight but fighting is what he needs to do a hell of a lot more often than he does. If he beat Wlad how often would he defend his new title? Once every two years?? Wlad is a good champion who fights the best two or three times a year. Would Haye be that kind of champion?
    He didn't say he was going to jump straight into a Klitschko fight though.

And no, obviously he would never defend 2-3 times a year. He'd probably "retire" straight away if he won it.

Comment

Yeah, no..

Comment

The only way he gets Wlad in 2015 is if he can convince Stiverne/Wilder winner to give him a shot at the WBC title and win.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          there are loads of other fighters that deserve it more, by the time wlad gets to him, it would be his 100th defence
          This.

Wlad is gunning for that WBC title. Fighting Haye again is a step back in the direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            The only way he gets Wlad in 2015 is if he can convince Stiverne/Wilder winner to give him a shot at the WBC title and win.
            exactly.....he beats stiverne or wilder easy even tho i want wilder to beat stiverne.....he could beat any of them... after that wlads gonna want to unify and there u go... i dont it tho

Comment

if anyone is more deserving for a rematch its povetkin. he was fouled repeatedly. the hell with haye

Comment

****in David Haye

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Doesn't make any business sense at all.

Let's play along though,

Say X 80k would show up to watch Khan-Mayweather II at Wembley, which they would. That means no extra people would turn up for the purpose of watching Haye & Klitschko.

Say 1million people bought Khan-Mayweather II PPV in the UK.
                  Add Haye-Klitschko to the card and you've already taken up 95% of the people who would by a PPV fight which means there's very little extra to gain.

Haye vs Klitschko II would easily sell 50k whatever in Germany and still be on UK PPV (say Haye built himself up) or do 30k something in the UK.

That alone makes far more sense than adding it to a card.
                  Worldwide PPVs might make it a major sell - you got Floyd with the US / Worldwide market, while all the other fighters are known in the US too, you got Haye + Khan UK/Worldwide markets, Klitschko with the eastern European markets plus all those names on the same card would be Epic! It has the potential to make some major figures on a global scale. You'd have people flying in from all over the world (Europe/States/Asia) to go to that event + the local UK support would already be massive. 80K might be significantly underestimating crowd figures really, might be more like 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Worldwide PPVs might make it a major sell - you got Floyd with the US / Worldwide market, while all the other fighters are known in the US too, you got Haye + Khan UK/Worldwide markets, Klitschko with the eastern European markets plus all those names on the same card would be Epic! It has the potential to make some major figures on a global scale. You'd have people flying in from all over the world (Europe/States/Asia) to go to that event + the local UK support would already be massive. 80K might be significantly underestimating crowd figures really, might be more like 100k.
                    Klitschko isn't a PPV fighter, and the eastern european tv deals are worthless. Pennies in the grands scheme of things.

The worldwide markets would be there regardless with Khan and Mayweather, I don't see what Haye & Klitschko could possibly add to the card moneywise, except for making increasing ticket pricing/ppv price but nothing drastic.

They can't do 100k in Wembley for a fight for security reasons. I'm pretty sure 80k is capacity.

So like I said, you are feeding something very valuable to people for free, because they would already be buying what you gave them in the first place.

Comment

Dude, worry about fighting someone real before you go saying Wladimirs name.

Comment

Working...
                      X