No announcement yet.

your thoughts on cloud gaming...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    I must admit I like some aspects of cloud services, but I HATE having my every move tracked and watched.

It's cool i don't have to worry about scratched CD'd anymore and that manufacturing prices will come down meaning its a bit cheaper for us (thats the theory anyway) it's great I can just come to your house and play all my games as long as you have the internet and I don't need to bring anything with me

It sucks that i can't resell my game and get some money back and it sucks that if my broadband is down that I can't do anything that relies on it (most cloud services NEED internet)....I also hate the fact every game I buy is tracked, every time I play it is tracked and who i play it with is tracked.

I don't like having a big E-footprint and cloud services will mean a bigger electronic footprint.(credit / bank details lying around on servers just waiting to be cracked)
    Can't speak for consoles to some degree, but No CD cracks have existed for over a decade (play games off the HDD without the disc).

What's really going on here with the internet requirements is the removing of end user rights to their video gaming to completely eliminate piracy, with greed and profit involved, this can easily evolve into a near forced subscribe per play system where you're at the mercy of playing any new title with an unforseen amount of fees to access certain things in the future.. maybe even just to play like the arcades of the past.

The latter I bolded is for the most part fine as major credit card companies require a certain process for cc encryption keeping customer data with any pay service through merchant account.

Reason I know is because I've built online stores for private businesses. You'll occasionally read these stories of hackers stealing people's account information, but the reason it's of any use to them is because the moron System Administrator(s) had the data stored unencrypted. An actual merchant service no-no.

You can easily lose your payment processing privileges for purposely not following encrypted protocol the cc companies laid out.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      like there was that issue with the PSN network last year or something where it was down for weeks.

imagine if that was all your games that you couldnt play?

any system that allows for not having physical access to your game at anytime is a bad idea.
      Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
      Reason I know is because I've built online stores for private businesses. You'll occasionally read these stories of hackers stealing people's account information, but the reason it's of any use to them is because the moron System Administrator(s) had the data stored unencrypted. An actual merchant service no-no.

You can easily lose your payment processing privileges for purposely not following encrypted protocol the cc companies laid out.
      This is exactly what happened to Sony last year when for 2 weeks people couldn't play any cloud games. Another reason why cloud gaming isn't up to par yet. More than 100 million user account information was stolen from Sony with 77 million coming from the PlayStation Network.

Comment

Working...
      X