Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson-Antonio Tarver Set For March 14, HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS IS B.S...Just when it looks like HBO is turning the corner in buying solid matchups this crap comes...MAKES NO SENSE!!! Rematch clause another fault of todays Boxing!!!

Comment

Tarver also wants a rematch with Hopkins. Seriously, what merits him getting a rematch with EITHER of these guys? They both whooped on him somethin terrible, as James Toney would say.

He is "Mr. Rematch" however, but still, being whooped so handily in the first fight shouldn't merit him getting a rematch. The reason he got a rematch against Jones and Johnson was because they were both relatively competitive fights, and Tarver showed many great signs in both. But Hopkins and Dawson were complete and total annihilations.

Comment

I guess HBO were interested in the fight after all, hopefully they use the fight to push for Dawson-Calzaghe. Dawson will have to be careful though, because considering how he beat Tarver last time, he could become unmotivated and that could lead to bad things for him.

Comment

The point is that this is a farewell to Tarver finally! We will finally be rid of him and his mouth, Chad will solidify himself as new blood/top tier in the division and HBO will now hang its hat on the hopes of Chad being a main attraction going forward.

Comment

Instead of coddling a 40 year old's nuts (Tarver's), HBO should be showcasing future champions like Tavoris Cloud.

Jesus - no wonder boxing is dying in the toilet - they keep hauling out the old boring dinosaurs that nobody wants to see.

Comment

will he be the first one to to stop tarver?

power punching glen johnson failed to do that.
              i don't think he can.

Comment

wow. what a great fight hahahahaha

Comment

This is lame..

Comment

I guess Dawson didnt listen to his buddy Shaun George about fighting young fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I guess Dawson didnt listen to his buddy Shaun George about fighting young fighters.
                      I guess he could have dropped his titles but I don't think that would be too smart seeing he is already struggling to get any of the elite guys to fight him. 175 lacks good young fighters. All the top guys there are getting on.

Comment

Working...
                      X