Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They have Calzaghe as ATG but not Mosley? WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
    He's from jersey, alot of morons live here. And people might be shocked, but the school I went to when I was younger in high-school had alot of racism in it too. Their were alot of race fights(I wasn't apart of any of them). White Skaters vs blacks, what stopped the race problems in my school is that the white skaters, had black skaters who intervened and stopped this bull**** fighting between the two groups

I say it's a shock, because I don't think people expect much racism up north east of the country.
    my thread was never based on racism. check yaself.

i clearly stated my agruement and it never involved racism. please read next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
      Having look through the entire thread i cannot find one single poster who thinks Calzaghe is ATG, not one.

So why the hell are you guys argueing against nobody and thinking you're winning?

Calzaghe is not repeat not ATG standard, we get it, but there is no need to put down other fighters to try and show his resume is filled with bums when it isn't.
      Actually, he is, using men like Marciano, Holmes and Lopez as barometers for it (which was done). By the time he was done, he had cleaned out 68 and the Hopkins he beat was so old he won every round of his next fight against Pavlik. Calzaghe's problem is that perceptions of him were formed and then he unformed them proving cynics wildly wrong. Now, is he some top ten or twenty ATG? No. But in the next 50-100. Yes, and his stature will grow as 168 continues to mature.

And to the author of the thread above...there was clearly no racism in your starting the thread. Disagreement is human and fun and if everyone agreed with everything I wrote, what a broing world it would be.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by HappyBoxingFan View Post
          They both are all time greats... Calzaghe is the best SMW of all time.
          sven ottke clearly is. 21 title defenses of a real belt that actually ranks good fighters not dead people unlike the wbo. not to mention he ko'd the great mundine.

Comment

• Originally posted by The C.E.O. View Post
            You know what's funny?....Calzaghe fans like to call Americans "fat yanks"....as if that childish, local quip has any impact....lol

but as evidenced by each and every thread that kills their hero...we prove that THEY are the gluttons....

Gluttons for Punishment.

We ****ing Own them EVERY TIME...

I must admit you are a great ALT.....

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              sven ottke clearly is. 21 title defenses of a real belt that actually ranks good fighters not dead people unlike the wbo. not to mention he ko'd the great mundine.
              I thought it was the WBA who did the dead guy thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                I thought it was the WBA who did the dead guy thing.
                well its probably all of them but i know the wbo did it at supermiddle during joe's reign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
                  I must admit you are a great ALT.....
                  I don't do the alt thing, E/F...this is it....one name, one mission.

Just think of me as a benevolent visitor who's merely passing through to help destroy all the Hattonites and Calzagheans you have in this God forsaken, ****ed up forum here....

Here's to Boxing and The Quality Fans...

(raises his glass of REAL Beer...not some watered down English swill)

Comment

• Originally posted by Thadrow View Post
                    just read BoxingScenes Measured ATG for Mosley. While i agree with most of it even the part thats hes not quite ATG material. then i see Calzaghe's and BS has him as ATG, WTF? GTFO. If anything Mosley should be considered a ATG before Calzaghe. Accomplishments even fighters Mosley has faced is way better. Defending your title againest subpars, past prime fighters all your career should hurt you, not bring you ATG status. he should get big credit for unifying the division with Lacy and Kessler but thats about it. the rest of his career is ****. he barely beat Hopkins and fought a Jones past his best days, where in his prime he'd smoke Joe. He's not close to ATG, HOF, yes. noway his resume beats Mosley.
                    I think both of them don't deserve to be mention on ATG....

Comment

• Originally posted by Thadrow View Post
                      just read BoxingScenes Measured ATG for Mosley. While i agree with most of it even the part thats hes not quite ATG material. then i see Calzaghe's and BS has him as ATG, WTF? GTFO. If anything Mosley should be considered a ATG before Calzaghe. Accomplishments even fighters Mosley has faced is way better. Defending your title againest subpars, past prime fighters all your career should hurt you, not bring you ATG status. he should get big credit for unifying the division with Lacy and Kessler but thats about it. the rest of his career is ****. he barely beat Hopkins and fought a Jones past his best days, where in his prime he'd smoke Joe. He's not close to ATG, HOF, yes. noway his resume beats Mosley.
                      Mosley is twice the fighter and has fought 10x the competition of Joe "slap whore" Queenzaghe....

Comment

Working...
                      X