No announcement yet.

I don't think Kovalev makes it to Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
    Stevenson may have the tools physically to beat Kov, but mentally he is terrified. . . I'd have to go with Kov in that one. (Doubtful they'll ever meet)
    Stevenson might be quicker, but we saw last night how good Kov's timing is, and his ability to control range

Besides, I haven't seen Ward make it to the ring himself
    Yeah, once Stevenson feels that power, he is going to try to quit the fight right there. I think Kovalev KO's him early in the fight. Ward won't move up to fight him and if he did, I think Kova would walk right through him honestly.

Comment

Well Pascal is the mandatory for one of his belts, and ranked #3 for another. There are not to many big names in this division.

Comment

Stevenson is a dangerous fight with his great power but I am pretty sure Kovalev will knock him out. I think Kovalev is a KO winner over Ward but I don't think Ward will go to 175 and I don't think Kovalev will go to 168 to fight Ward who doesn't bring in much money. A fighter who can beat Hopkins 120 to 107 and has the kind of power Kovalev has will KO Ward in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Yeah, once Stevenson feels that power, he is going to try to quit the fight right there. I think Kovalev KO's him early in the fight. Ward won't move up to fight him and if he did, I think Kova would walk right through him honestly.
          Yeah, I'll be honest, I am a Ward fan, I think he's fascinating, but I can't see Ward beating Kov either. . . Ward is similar to B-Hop with his spoiling tactics, albeit Ward is quicker and more in his prime, but same story, as soon as Ward gets caught flush the game changes.

Everyone knows timing negates speed, but if you have great timing and hit like a wrecking ball, that is a very dangerous combination.

Comment

this is one fight that could go either way. both guys can punch; stevenson doesn't seem to want it though.

Comment

Kovalev can give it but cant take it. This makes the Stevenson fight an interesting proposition. As for Ward, I would love to see that fight yesterday. Ward is a big guy, very tough and his defence is different to the Hopkins defence. Hope these fights get made

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Seriously?

Comment

All they need to do is pony up the money for Stevenson and it's a done deal. Silly thing is it's going to cost more money now than it would've last year when both fighters wanted the fight.

Comment

hmm I dont think Ward would fight Kovalev.
                    Id like to see it though. Ward doesnt have the power, and dont think he would be able to grapple and clinch Kovalev, Kov is too strong and as he did with hopkins would avoid those situations, by taking quick steps back and punching while he punches. Ward falls in punching looking to clinch but on the way in Kov also punching.

Kov is a tough fight for anyone, to say he wont make it to Ward seems a bit bold, unless you mean he wont make it due to old age.

Comment

Quackenson could beat Kovalev. Does he think so, though?

Pascal gets destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                      X