Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think Karass is beating Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
    You've been on this forum for 6 years and I presume you've been following boxing for quite a while and you don't seem to have learned not to over hype big punchers even after Matthysse got exposed.
    (1) I'm not overhyping anyone, I'm picking Thurman to knock-out Karass. If you have such faith in Karass, I have no problem putting points on it. You?

(2) I had Matthysse-Garcia 50/50 going in, neither were exposed, Danny (deservedly) won a close fight in a poorly refereed bout.

Chaves could have won that fight against Thurman but he got a bit careless and undisciplined. Thurman hasn't beaten anyone of note and Karass has a proven chin and took Berto's punches very well, Thurman hasn't shown that he hits harder than Berto.
    (3) No, he couldn't handle Thurman's movement, and then ultimately his power.

(4) Like I said, we'll do a points bet (preferably on your main account, but this one will do). Thuman by stoppage.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I think he has a chance.

Hes tough as nails, has a good jab, exceptional workrate, dedicated bodypuncher. The guys a freight train.

Hes relentless and improving fight after fight.

I feel this is Thurmans first real test. Good talent but had it all his own way and fought guys contempt on shelling up. Karass won't, hes a Mexican Terminator and it won't be single shots coming back at Thurman, its going to be sheer volume to head & body.

I can't count Karass out here.
      Good post and i agree with this but I'm shocked you didn't say "Maidana is a bum and Karass lost to him so Karass is even worse, easy win for Thurman".
      Last edited by shenmue; 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        (1) I'm not overhyping anyone, I'm picking Thurman to knock-out Karass. If you have such faith in Karass, I have no problem putting points on it. You?

(2) I had Matthysse-Garcia 50/50 going in, neither were exposed, Danny won a close fight in a poorly refereed bout.

(3) No, he couldn't handle Thurman's movement, and then ultimately his power.

(4) Like I said, we'll do a points bet (preferably on your main account, but this one will do). Thuman by stoppage.
        Thurman got tagged too much in that fight, and his power didn't phase Chavez that much, the body punches were really good though.. This is an interesting fight, I'm not sure if I'll make a bet with you but I'll think about it.

Comment

No this is great match making to showcase Thurman. Chaves was actually a tough guy and really good.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
            No this is great match making to showcase Thurman. Chaves was actually a tough guy and really good.
            No one knows if Chaves is any good, beaten no one of any worth and lost to Thurman. He seems a decent fighter though but lets not go overboard on Chaves.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
              Why? There was some arab guy who beat the sht out of karass a few fights ago forgot his name.
              He's gotten better recently. I don't think he'll win, but getting completely destroyed and/or dominated? That would be impressive.

Comment

I could be wrong but I voted no. Karass has surprised me before and maybe he will again. I think he is too easy to hit to survive Thurman's power.I think Thurman takes him out in 6 rounds or less.

Comment

Working...
                X