No announcement yet.

Referee Steals Win From French Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referee Steals Win From French Boxer

The referee Rogelio Fortaleza deducted four points from French boxer Alexis Vastine for no good reason, the last two with a few seconds left, and robbed him of a win over Dominican Felix Diaz.

That was one of the worst injustices I've seen yet. Vastine was extremely distraught and his corner people were very upset. He lost 12-10.

Olympic boxing has the worst officiating I've ever seen. It seems like half the referees are as biased and/or incompetent as Joe Cortez.

Bull****. They weren't counting any of Diaz's shots in the early rounds and Diaz really came from behind to win. He probably would have gotten the nod anyway. Vastine cried like a *****.

He only deducted 2 points by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Bull****. They weren't counting any of Diaz's shots in the early rounds and Diaz really came from behind to win. He probably would have gotten the nod anyway. Vastine cried like a *****.

He only deducted two points by the way.
      No, he lost 2 earlier (in the third round).

2 + 2 = 4.

Vasine wasn't holding any more than Diaz, and I've seen far worse holding in many fights this year, but no points deducted. Vastine was robbed.

Comment

I didn't have a problem with the deduction in the fourth at all. I wish they'd penalize the fighters every time they try to clinch their way through the last round. They don't, so sure you can argue inconsistencies, but I'll take what I can get. The fact remains that if he didn't hold like a little ***** to protect a lead he thought he had than it wouldn't have happened.

The scoring was skewed anyway. Diaz landed multiple shots early that didn't get counted.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post

He only deducted 2 points by the way.
          bull****, he cried because he knew he was robbed, it was diaz who did the holding, he got all the time warnings but never got any points deduced. and the referree did already fired a french corner man before that robery, very strange.

excuse me for my english

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
            The referee Rogelio Fortaleza deducted four points from French boxer Alexis Vastine for no good reason, the last two with a few seconds left, and robbed him of a win over Dominican Felix Diaz.

That was one of the worst injustices I've seen yet. Vastine was extremely distraught and his corner people were very upset. He lost 12-10.

Olympic boxing has the worst officiating I've ever seen. It seems like half the referees are as biased and/or incompetent as Joe Cortez.
            Yeah i thought he was the clear winner. Oh well.

Comment

diaz did all the holding, he did even hold the ropes to block vastine, one of the worst decision i ever saw, and if you guys think he cried like a *****, i say i would cry like a ***** too, because they stole him a chance that you don't get many times in your life

PS : That UKRAINIAN AMATEUR WHO FOUGHT BEFORE IS GREAT

Comment

Was the "robbed" guy white? And the other guy not white?

Vastine

Diaz.

It's a ****ing education, it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Was the "robbed" guy white? And the other guy not white?

Vastine

Diaz.

It's a ****ing education, it really is.
                  yes one guy was white, and the other guy was not.
                  but i don't understand whats the point

Comment

Originally posted by small_warrior View Post
                    yes one guy was white, and the other guy was not.
                    but i don't understand whats the point
                    because tunney favors whites.
                    Last edited by El Jesus; 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X