Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Ward-Dawson. Weight wouldnt make a difference.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched Ward-Dawson. Weight wouldnt make a difference.

Ward completely neutralized Dawson's jab, which is his best weapon, controlled him in the middle of the ring and outclassed him on the inside.

So there's nothing chad could do in the middle of the ring, nothing on the inside, no matter what the weight its always going to be inevitable that ward would break him down.

I been saying that these 2 are on 2 different levels but no everyone wants to paint Dawson as some boxing virtuoso. Hes not, he never was and he never will be.

Ward is a better fighter than him on every level. Man vs. Boy.

Comment

look man if people on NSB go bat shit crazy over one pound there is no way in hell they'll accept this. Analyzing styles, strategy, etc., all that stuff goes out the window. Weight is the only thing that matters to these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
        Ward completely neutralized Dawson's jab, which is his best weapon, controlled him in the middle of the ring and outclassed him on the inside.

So there's nothing chad could do in the middle of the ring, nothing on the inside, no matter what the weight its always going to be inevitable that ward would break him down.
        The weight affected Chad. It was his own fault for demanding the fight. Everything was off with Chad. Reflexes, punch resistance, balance and snap. Ward hasn't stopped anyone since 2009.

Not saying Chad would've won, but that fight was not competitive and it's clear why.

Comment

He would have handled the shots better at 175 and had no energy imo

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            I been saying that these 2 are on 2 different levels but no everyone wants to paint Dawson as some boxing virtuoso. Hes not, he never was and he never will be.

Ward is a better fighter than him on every level. Man vs. Boy.
            i agree with you on that dawson isn't as great as people want to believe. He looks better then he is and Ward is better then he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              look man if people on NSB go bat shit crazy over one pound there is no way in hell they'll accept this. Analyzing styles, strategy, etc., all that stuff goes out the window. Weight is the only thing that matters to these people.
              well that's the guys who are butt hurt over him losing. As always you'll never change them. That would involve admitting they're wrong and that is something most people simply will not do.

Comment

Originally posted by I JUS CHILLIN
                Who cares?

I'm just glad Andre beat that boring, weak-minded bloke up.
                thats all that really matters in the end

Comment

It makes all the difference when you are hurt by nearly every punch. Dawson was getting stiffened by jabs. Im sorry but it made all the difference, you can't execute anything under those circumstances.

I picked Ward, and he is the superior fighter of the two, but that was not Chad Dawson in there, he was a shadow of the normal Dawson. Poor analysis

Comment

Originally posted by I JUS CHILLIN
                    Who cares?

I'm just glad Andre beat that boring, weak-minded bloke up.
                    exactly, after the Pascal loss its clear Dawson isn't as good as people thought

Comment

Working...
                    X