Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 9th Showtime Boxing Card is a disgrace!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    I am not happy and I won't be watching these crappy fights. You talk about their past opposition as if that justifies them fighting stiffs. What fans want and expect is for them to take a page from Floyd Mayweather's playbook. Whether you like him or hate him, anyone on this message board who has any sense must admit that Floyd Mayweather has consistently fought the best fighter available in the last eight years. He may not have fought the person that fans wanted him to fight, but he has fought A-level competition in the last eight years. He has not had a Brandon Rios on his scheduled since his first fight at welterweight against Sharmba Mitchell.

He had a tough fight against Maidana, but you can bet he won't be taking a breather in his next fight. He will be fighting another boogeyman. Even though fans on this message board criticize him like he is the worst person in the world, they want every fighter to take a page from his playbook and fight the best A-level fighters available.
    This board honestly always finds a way to put down Floyds oponent, so i will disagree with you on that one. The only thing i can say though dude is, they fight in the ring not on paper. I mean they are not the most eye catching mathups, i agree with everyone, but let the fights play out, and if they were terrible fights then cool, but if they are incredible fights.............

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
      Just like wine not all fights are created equal, if one enjoys fine wine it doesn't mean he will drink or purchase any bottle that's adverstised to him as such. The problem with this fight and this entire event is that it is being advertised to the public as something that it is not which is the best fighting the best. There are far more proven boxers in each of the fighter's that are being showcased divisions that desserve shots at these world titles, and these same proven fighters don't take on soft touches or breaks, instead they go out and prove themselves tough fight after tough fight in the hopes of getting a shot at a world title.

I'm sure you enjoy boxing as much as anyone else on this website but just because you enjoy it doesn't mean you have to eat up everything they try to feed you. You have the right to demand better but to each their own.
      I agree with you, there are better fighters who deserve title shots, honestly they could have made all 3 non title fights. And believe me sir, im not "eating it up," I am just going to watch the sport i love and let the fights play out in the ring.

Comment

I'm actually glad fans are finally moving past Mayweather and Pacquiao. These other fighters have been getting a pass for fighting inferior opponents. Something that's unforgivable when it comes to the sport's top two. About time fans focus on throwing the deserved flak on these fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          I'm actually glad fans are finally moving past Mayweather and Pacquiao. These other fighters have been getting a pass for fighting inferior opponents. Something that's unforgivable when it comes to the sport's top two. About time fans focus on throwing the deserved flak on these fighters.
          I just want them to both retire so everyone can move on.

Comment

This card reminds of those wwf superstars show they used to have on Saturday mornings. The ones where a superstar would fight a pale guy with plain trunk named John Smith or something.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
              I agree with you, there are better fighters who deserve title shots, honestly they could have made all 3 non title fights. And believe me sir, im not "eating it up," I am just going to watch the sport i love and let the fights play out in the ring.
              I also have to agree with a point you made earlier, which is that hopefully the fights will at least turn out to be much better and much more competitive then everyone anticipates.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
                I also have to agree with a point you made earlier, which is that hopefully the fights will at least turn out to be much better and much more competitive then everyone anticipates.
                I just cant predict fights, I would rather let them play out. Makes them more enjoyable when you are not just looking at one guys punches at not the other guy who is also throwing and landing. Anything can happen in a fight. This is not a highly anticipated fight card, but i will be watching.

Comment

Working...
                X