Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Mayweather: "Pacquiao Needs To KO Bradley In Rematch To Qualify For Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juof View Post
    Lol i love floyd man but damn his dad said beating rios doesn't qualify to fight mayweather but guerrero and ortiz beating berto does? Even if pac beats bradley (dont think he will) they gunna come up with another excuse. When they asked floyd about his next opponent he says he aint focusing on boxing right now which he probably said to avoid pac questions. Its a damn shame cause i'm 75% sure floyd would get the win but he's too much of a ***** to make it happen and this will be his last chance cause i can see pac losing again very soon.
    funny thing was sr actually gave pac some credit for looking good then he down plays it right away by saying its against rios and then he down plays it more by saying beating rios doesnt earn pac a shot at floyd lol

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
      You both are quick to defend their shit.

I'm waiting to other floydiots to spin this on Floyd's favor to Pac's fault. LMAO
      The fact of the matter Is, There Is no defense for It, regardless of how big of a Mayweather fan a person Is. I am a Pac fan and If the roles were reversed, I would be saying the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
        Article from here...

By Alex Groberman, Tue, December 03, 2013

Manny Pacquiao says he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. If that is true, then he theoretically should be willing to meet his arch rival’s terms. Prior to this past week, Mayweather Jr.’s terms were a bit unclear. First he wanted a specific type of extremely rigorous performance-enhancing drug testing. Then he wanted the vast majority of the fight purse. Then he wanted all of the pay-per-view money that would come from a bout versus Pacquiao. And each time, he never quite made it clear what he was willing to budge on, and what was set in stone.

Thankfully, Roger Mayweather has cleared things up. Mayweather Jr.’s uncle spoke with Hustle Boss recently and laid things out in very understandable, very specific terms: Pacquiao needs to prove that he deserves a shot at the pound-for-pound king.

The Mayweather clan seems to acknowledge that Pacquiao defeated Brandon Rios in dominant fashion last week. However, they don’t think Rios was a worthy foe. They think Pacquiao needs a step up in competition before he qualifies to take on the king of the hill.

“He can fight Bradley; that’s a good fight for him,” Roger Mayweather said. “Timothy Bradley is a good fight for him. I think he’s going to give Pacquiao problems anyways. The thing of it is, hey, it’s going to be a good fight. One way or the other it’s still a good fight.

“And people are going to point to that as a thing to fight Floyd,” he continued. “That’s the kind of bout that would bring Pacquiao back. Because Timothy Bradley’s got a good name.”

So fight and beat Bradley – that’s what would earn Pacquiao a shot at Mayweather Jr.? Not exactly.

“Obviously he’d have to stop the guy in order for [people] to say ‘you got a chance with Floyd,’” Roger Mayweather added.

Oh.

So in order to earn a shot at Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao would have to do something he hasn’t done since 2009, and aside from one sucker punch against Victor Ortiz, Mayweather Jr. hasn’t done since 2007.

Well, that makes sense.
        the only thing more hilarious than team duckweather are the dick riding fans that agree with their logic and claim they are somehow not ducking the fight ... Pac doesn't deserve a shot but Kahn clearly does ... yes makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          The fact of the matter Is, There Is no defense for It, regardless of how big of a Mayweather fan a person Is. I am a Pac fan and If the roles were reversed, I would be saying the same thing.
          theres already a few floyd fans defending this lol.

Comment

Floyd had ruined his potential atg status by ducking PAC for the last decade. History books will always include the fact that Floyd and his team had a bottomless bag of excuses not to fight PAC. Even though PAC is far from the offensive juggernaut he once was, TMT still cowers at the sound of PAC's name.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Article from here...

By Alex Groberman, Tue, December 03, 2013

Manny Pacquiao says he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. If that is true, then he theoretically should be willing to meet his arch rival’s terms. Prior to this past week, Mayweather Jr.’s terms were a bit unclear. First he wanted a specific type of extremely rigorous performance-enhancing drug testing. Then he wanted the vast majority of the fight purse. Then he wanted all of the pay-per-view money that would come from a bout versus Pacquiao. And each time, he never quite made it clear what he was willing to budge on, and what was set in stone.

Thankfully, Roger Mayweather has cleared things up. Mayweather Jr.’s uncle spoke with Hustle Boss recently and laid things out in very understandable, very specific terms: Pacquiao needs to prove that he deserves a shot at the pound-for-pound king.

The Mayweather clan seems to acknowledge that Pacquiao defeated Brandon Rios in dominant fashion last week. However, they don’t think Rios was a worthy foe. They think Pacquiao needs a step up in competition before he qualifies to take on the king of the hill.

“He can fight Bradley; that’s a good fight for him,” Roger Mayweather said. “Timothy Bradley is a good fight for him. I think he’s going to give Pacquiao problems anyways. The thing of it is, hey, it’s going to be a good fight. One way or the other it’s still a good fight.

“And people are going to point to that as a thing to fight Floyd,” he continued. “That’s the kind of bout that would bring Pacquiao back. Because Timothy Bradley’s got a good name.”

So fight and beat Bradley – that’s what would earn Pacquiao a shot at Mayweather Jr.? Not exactly.

“Obviously he’d have to stop the guy in order for [people] to say ‘you got a chance with Floyd,’” Roger Mayweather added.

Oh.

So in order to earn a shot at Mayweather Jr., Pacquiao would have to do something he hasn’t done since 2009, and aside from one sucker punch against Victor Ortiz, Mayweather Jr. hasn’t done since 2007.

Well, that makes sense.
              Of course it makes sense, then when Pac does just that, there will be another qualifier to face Floyd, just like there has been every time the fight has been discussed.

Comment

Pacs way too qualified to fight Floyd. Pac has already outclassed the likes of Bradley, while Floyd outclasses the likes of Canelo who is weight drained. Bradley was on many peoples p4p list before fighting Pac, Canelo wasn't.

Whats this about Pac having to ko anyone? Floyd don't ko anyone so isn't qualified to fight Pac.

Comment

They shouldnt really ask pac to ko bradley because it'll just make em hide more if it happens

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                    Provo couldn't KO a Bradley who was concussed in the first round for the whole fight.

And wtf is up with all this talk now?
                    Is he really talking crap about what people need to do to deserve a Mayweather fight?
                    There's no doubt in my mind that Pac would have stopped Bradley in their fight if he had really stepped on the gas. Pac let him off the hook the first time and I know if he knew he was getting robbed, he wouldn't have.

He won that fight EASILY.
                    Last edited by Boxing Goat; 12-04-2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

i dont think Suge Knight could knock Bradley out

Comment

Working...
                      X