No announcement yet.

help. Punched in the ear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help. Punched in the ear

I went sparring today versus a southpaw. He hit me with a over hand right hook that landed flush in my left ear. Now the hearing in that left ear is impaired. It's like there's air inside or something i don't know.

It doesn't hurt but i just have trouble hearing, that's all.

anyone experience this before, if so, howw ere you able to treat it?

thanks in advance.

raise that left hand lol jk idk man

Comment

Go to the doctor to have it checked out.

Comment

It sounds like trauma to the eardrum from air suddenly being forced in by the glove (same way a toilet plunger works, sorta). Though I don't know enough about it to give you advice, I've known people who have been through it and they all recovered. However, see a doc to avoid potential complications, infections, etc.

Comment

go to the doc

you can check if you have a rapture by closing the mouth, keeping the nose sealed trying to exhale through the nose. if air eascapes through your ear...you can do the math.
          nothign serious though - had it 2 time, once the night before i flew to a camo in the south.
          but dont dive with it....its mad painfull haha

Comment

thanks for your comments. I asked my trainer and he said air was forced inside from the impact of the glove but i'll be able to recover.

Its been a day so far and i still have trouble hearing from the left. i'll give it 2 days, afterwards i'll go and see a doctor. Its feels like being on high altitude in a plane, where one of my ears is plugged.

Comment

Originally posted by jabSTRAIGHTh00k View Post
              thanks for your comments. I asked my trainer and he said air was forced inside from the impact of the glove but i'll be able to recover.

Its been a day so far and i still have trouble hearing from the left. i'll give it 2 days, afterwards i'll go and see a doctor. Its feels like being on high altitude in a plane, where one of my ears is plugged.
              I recently got my hearing back from an awful infection that resulted from a perforated ear drum I had a few months ago. Maybe a week or two ago I realized I could hear normally out of headphones again?

Get it checked out though. Ear infections are painful and debilitating, try to get it taken care of before it could possibly result in that. Like mentioned, try to pop your ears, if it hurts..well..take it from there. If it doesnt and it's normal, I'd still get it checked out. I got hit like that once and I was fine after popping my ears, which took about 2 days to be able to do. It felt like it was stuffed with something (assuming air), then I felt almost like a ringing/hiss, and it seems like it depressurized/popped. Felt good...which might be tmi

Comment

hahaha u mad soff

Comment

Originally posted by jabSTRAIGHTh00k View Post
                  I went sparring today versus a southpaw. He hit me with a over hand right hook that landed flush in my left ear. Now the hearing in that left ear is impaired. It's like there's air inside or something i don't know.

It doesn't hurt but i just have trouble hearing, that's all.

anyone experience this before, if so, howw ere you able to treat it?

thanks in advance.
                  I've had that happen before. Go get it checked out... You should be fine in a few days but still go get it checked out to be on the safe side.

Comment

Were you wearing headgear when this happened? .........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X