Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever tried to commit suicide or thought about it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    No I know what you mean. It wasn't a shot at your comment or anything. I've just been thinking about that a lot and what you said reminded me of it.
    Oh right

I got you. Sorry, I am slow today.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
      I'm sure 99% of people have thought about it at one point of their lives.
      Is once a week too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Committing suicide is the most selfish act possible. I know that if i committed suicide, my mother probably wouldnt be able to live with herself. She would be so broken and question herself about how she raised me and ultimately blame herself.
        With that perspective if a person has no family or loved ones its okay then, true? As for most selfish act possible...

What about that Brazilian kid who died due to masturbating 42 times in a row that was in the news recently? Pretty selfish.

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
        Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. No matter what problems you are going through, there is always someone who has it a lot worse.
        They say that despair is reached when one is unable to envision change. I suspect most who commit suicide think that something is inherently or irrevocably wrong with them or their situation, they don't think it's temporary. In alot of instances it probably isn't.

Russian Crushin's loved ones comment is valid imo. Ignoring that aspect of it though, in general, i think a person is entitled to determine their own fate and life. It's like euthanasia which i also think a terminally ill person has the right to choose. I'm not religious so i'm sure that plays a factor in my opinion differing with others who feel that life was given to them by God and all that.

Last edited by Mikhnienko; 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah, not too long ago my brother got shot. Messed me up.

Comment

I thought about it for a while but realized I was too much of a pussy. So I said fuck it, I'll die when it's my day to die.

Comment

Just a couple of hours ago, I got a phone call from my best friend(sworn brother).. told me our homie from school had offed himself, he left behind three young children and a devastated wife. His brother, who looked up to him so much has completely lost his marbles, the kid's a wreck.

Our friend had no idea the seed that he planted on this night, he's warped the life of his close knit family into something irrevocably broken and whats worse.. witnesses of such selfless behavior and it's fallout(children/brother) will likely grow up with such a heavy cross to bear, chances are they too will snap one day(god forbid) and emulate those same actions ..begging the question of --who really was the victim in this all?
              In hindsight, it's tragic because this could have all been avoided. He was doing great, guy had just earned his diploma and was training to be SWAT. It's the little things, man, ..problems with his wife brought about stress and anxiety .. tensions mounted up and before he knew it wound up blowing the whole damn lotto.
              Strong, inspiring fellow.. It just goes against the natural order of things

------
              There's a therapeutic exercise I follow, a little ritual for whenever I'm in a rut and life's bogging me down. Once in the morning and again at night.IPrepare to block everything out for half an hour & breathe deep(you might get light headed after a few min but you'll need to relax in order to do this.)
              Surrender your mind to everything eating away at you, pour it alllll out... All of the hurt, the depression, any burdens -bring everything to the surface. If you can only do this for 15 min, that's fine. Take as much time as needed. The important thing is that you surround yourself with the 'big problem' and let it run loose for a bit. After the 30 min, switch controls back to you. Take command of those insecurites and shut them off like a light switch.
              Remind yourself that you allowed those hurtful emotions their liberty but it's me time again. Therefore, for the entirety of the evening do not dwell on your problems even for a moment.
              Some advice? Take up a hobby, go on a jog, assuming you're a holy man, kneel down and pray to whatever deity it is that you follow and go about your day like a trooper. Have some fun and thrive to live for yourself and others because hey, what if tomorrow never comes? Keep your chin up pal.
              You have so much to give still.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                They say that despair is reached when one is unable to envision change. I suspect most who commit suicide think that something is inherently or irrevocably wrong with them or their situation, they don't think it's temporary. In alot of instances it probably isn't.

Russian Crushin's loved ones comment is valid imo. Ignoring that aspect of it though, in general, i think a person is entitled to determine their own fate and life. It's like euthanasia which i also think a terminally ill person has the right to choose. I'm not religious so i'm sure that plays a factor in my opinion differing with others who feel that life was given to them by God and all that.
                I suppose my comment was based on my personal opinion that comes from years of volunteer work I did. I think each person is different and yes, some things are unbearable in certain situations. So, I don't think I am in a position to call someone wrong. I guess while writing my comment I thought more of teenage related suicides. Where in most cases, it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

As for euthanasia, I am not for or against it. I think that is a personal choice for the one who is suffering and their family to make. I can't imagine the constant physical pain some people have to endure.

Comment

I suppose my comment was based on my personal opinion that comes from years of volunteer work I did. I think each person is different and yes, some things are unbearable in certain situations. So, I don't think I am in a position to call someone wrong. I guess while writing my comment I thought more of teenage related suicides. Where in most cases, it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

As for euthanasia, I am not for or against it. I think that is a personal choice for the one who is suffering and their family to make. I can't imagine the constant physical pain some people have to endure.
                  Yes but euthanasia is one person killing another, basically murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                    Yeah, not too long ago my brother got shot. Messed me up.

As for euthanasia, I am not for or against it.I think that is a personal choice for the one who is suffering and their family to make. I can't imagine the constant physical pain some people have to endure.
                    Seems oxymoronic. That is pretty much the definition of being for it, belief that it's the individuals choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Yes but euthanasia is one person killing another, basically murder.
                      Assisting a person who is unable to physically do it themselves due to being incapacitated, not murder imo but okay, guy has terminal cancer and shoots himself in the head, not morally wrong imo.

Jews don't believe in the concept of hell correct? So are there any repercussions in the afterlife for having committing suicide or is it acceptable?
                      Last edited by Mikhnienko; 10-24-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X