Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Corley Round 4. The most exciting round of Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather-Corley Round 4. The most exciting round of Mayweather's career?

Must be up there.

Badly hurt at the start of the round, the most hurt he's ever been in his career. Instead of covering up marching forward and goes toe-to-toe in back and forth action and ends up stunning Corley not long after.

Both land a hell of a lot of clean shots.

Not quite Gatti-Ward 4 like Lampley described But action packed none the less.

Starts at 9:15 of this link and the start of the Part 3 which is a seperate video.

This was when I was a HUGE Mayweather fan. I loved this fight. HBO tried to dramatize the **** out of that shot, but I knew Floyd would work his way out of it.

Even at the time, I wasn't nervous.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Gonna watch the fight again now.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        Thanks for the reminder. Gonna watch the fight again now.
        Remember the 4th

I think when he got hurt he just thought **** it, I'm going to war. Atleast for this round

You can see at one point of the round when the ref breaks them Mayweather bites down on his gum-shield and marchs forward.

Comment

My impression of the fight … Shane’s going to come out and hit Floyd in the mouth and Floyd is going to sprout a tail, grow wings, draw fangs and claws and turn into a dragon in the ring… and start spitting fireballs. .. and I’m tell Shane, use lateral motion to get away from the fireballs, slide up under him, step on his tail and punch him in the stomach because we still not going to lose because he turned into a dragon." - Nazim Richardson

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Remember the 4th

I think when he got hurt he just thought **** it, I'm going to war. Atleast for this round

You can see at one point of the round when the ref breaks them Mayweather bites down on his gum-shield and marchs forward.
            He seems to enjoy it. At one point he grimaces like he's smiling almost and starts to trade with Corley.

Good stuff.

I get how people can dislike Mayweather as a person (i do too with Broner, and at times Floyd) but how anyone can dislike the way he fights is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              This was when I was a HUGE Mayweather fan. I loved this fight. HBO tried to dramatize the **** out of that shot, but I knew Floyd would work his way out of it.

Even at the time, I wasn't nervous.
              He was definitely a more eye friendly fighter back then. Threw so much more combinations.

It wasn't really until Baldomir and onward that he fought overly conservative. Which is funny because that's around the time he had the most eyes on him and he was at his hottest to the casual audience.

I think that's the reason so many people dislike him. Outside of the idiotic persona he puts on, but at the time where he so strongly under the magnifying glass, he put on his most back to back dull performances (Badlomir followed by Oscar)

Comment

Possibly, Floyd got tagged then proceeded to punish Corley for the rest of the round. Floyd doesn't have many rounds that have ebb and flow like that with a lot of strong landed punches.

Certainly one of the more entertaining fights of his career, which was surprising because Corley just came off that horrendously bad fight with Judah.

Comment

Underrated fight, the was a prime Corley that was experienced and game not the later version that just turns up on a two weeks notice.

Comment

Couple rounds in Mayweather-N'dou where pretty fun. Its possible.

Also Chavez-Mayweather has some good rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X