No announcement yet.

Is Dmitry pirog a paper champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dmitry pirog a paper champ?

Is Dmitry Pirog a paper champ , highly untested , and heavily overrated right now?
    Yes
    55.00%
    No
    45.00%

Very good but untested. Beating an overrated Danny Jacobs doesnt mean he stands a chance vs Martinez or Williams like NSB is saying.

I dont think hes a champion either.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Very good but untested. Beating an overrated Danny Jacobs doesnt mean he stands a chance vs Martinez or Williams like NSB is saying.

I dont think hes a champion either.
      was fighting guys 25-5 in his fourth fight.
      the fact that he didn't just beat jacobs, but made it look EASY means you have
      no idea how good he really is.

if it was a tough fight, we could argue.. but he made it look simple

Comment

Dmitry pirog would beat Paul williams imo but he is still a paper champ.

Comment

Jacobs was the 2nd coming until Pirog KOd him easily so yes Pirog is a paper champ very overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            was fighting guys 25-5 in his fourth fight.
            the fact that he didn't just beat jacobs, but made it look EASY means you have
            no idea how good he really is.

if it was a tough fight, we could argue.. but he made it look simple
            I was a fan of Pirog way before NSB jumped on the bandwagon. I know how good Pirog is. I picked him to beat Jacobs. That fight was a mis match.

I like Pirog but lets not act like Danny Jacobs was this amazing talent.

Comment

Who does Danny Jacobs fight like, does he have similar styles to any other boxers out there? And who does Pirog's style remind you of? Is he a mix of styles?

Comment

too many belts at each weight give you too many champions.

a paper champion to me is a champion who takes easy options for fights, and won't face highly dangerous challengers, pirog hasn't even made a defence yet.

I like haye but facing harrison is what i class a paper champion but for that amount of money i would too

wlad is the same if he does fight chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
                  Who does Danny Jacobs fight like, does he have similar styles to any other boxers out there? And who does Pirog's style remind you of? Is he a mix of styles?
                  jacobs fights like dirrel, if you want to make comparisons.

Pirog mixes many styles.. From high guards to shoulder rolls. He squares up then gives you an angle, switches from orthodox to southpaw, and also uses a lot of slips and head movement as well as the other 2 defenses mentioned.

These are all from him changing stances though.. always changing hand and feet position. His punches though... nothing special about his offensive tools. His defense though is incredibly versatile. I think only people who have seen him on other occasions other than just the jacobs fight need speak on this thread, really.

Regardless of what people think of jacobs, fact remains it was a very easy fight. If he struggled, we can say he is on par with jacobs and won a good fight against an overrated opponent. But because he won so easily, who is to say jacobs is overrated? Jacobs for all we know could be VERY good and just happened to come across a legit p4p fighter.

Pirog made it look easy, and was confident the entire time. We have no idea how good he actually is, or how bad jacobs actually is.

Also, you are using the term Paper Champion wrong.
                  Paper champ is a title given to champions who don't defend it against good opposition.

Comment

The wbo has always been the minor league of abc groups. Doesn't mean Pirog won't some day be real good and some wbo champs have excelled but often they are held back by the generic organization.

Comment

Working...
                    X