Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So no one here feels that Roy Jones could have showed "Yall Musta forgot" skills on Lennox Lewis?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiLYArzB5TA

at 9:00, Lennox Lewis basically says that Roy Jones is ducking!!!

Comment

Lewis by KO can't really say which round. I can think back to when Jones won that title from Ruiz a couple of my friends were jumping up and down about him being the heavyweight champion. I had to explain to them that Lewis was the REAL champion and that there was a reason that fight didn't happen. All and all Jones still accomplished a hell of a lot in his prime years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton.Me. View Post
          Lewis by KO can't really say which round. I can think back to when Jones won that title from Ruiz a couple of my friends were jumping up and down about him being the heavyweight champion. I had to explain to them that Lewis was the REAL champion and that there was a reason that fight didn't happen. All and all Jones still accomplished a hell of a lot in his prime years.
          So you don't see Roy Jones taunting lewis all the way to a UD?

Comment

When Roy fought Ruiz he was calling out Lennox Lewis left and right trying to get that bout to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              When Roy fought Ruiz he was calling out Lennox Lewis left and right trying to get that bout to happen.
              Didn't know that. All I see is videos of Lennox calling Roy out.

Do you think Lennox was scared of Roy?

Comment

Lewis TKO 8

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  So you don't see Roy Jones taunting lewis all the way to a UD?
                  No because at some point Jones would have to mount some kind of offense and end up getting tagged in the process. Remember his loss to Tarver came not to long after his win against Ruiz. His godlike reflexes were already going away at that point. Lewis was not some dumb, slow, methodical heavyweight. The guy was a very good big man heavyweight who could jab, slip, and throw combos with the best of them.

While neither of these two were in their absolute prime around 2003 I still think Lewis would have taken it. Jones had great godlike talent but Lewis would have exceeded that limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton.Me. View Post
                    No because at some point Jones would have to mount some kind of offense and end up getting tagged in the process. Remember his loss to Tarver came not to long after his win against Ruiz. His godlike reflexes were already going away at that point. Lewis was not some dumb, slow, methodical heavyweight. The guy was a very good big man heavyweight who could jab, slip, and throw combos with the best of them.

While neither of these two were in their absolute prime around 2003 I still think Lewis would have taken it. Jones had great godlike talent but Lewis would have exceeded that limit.
                    Great analysis. Would have been a great trashtalking build up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      Great analysis. Would have been a great trashtalking build up.
                      Yes, it would have because I think that in each of their hearts both Jones and Lewis really thought they were the best in the world at what they did.

Comment

Working...
                      X