No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wait, Not Weight, Only Concern For Guzman These Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wait, Not Weight, Only Concern For Guzman These Days

For years, the most anxious moments of any fight involving Joan Guzman were on the day of the weigh-in. The disturbing trend of whether or not he’d make weight went a long way towards squandering his prime years as well as his credibility.

These days, fears of weight have been replaced the wait itself for fight night.

“I’m feeling good. Each fight is another step towards regaining the trust of everyone in the boxing world,” admits Guzman (33-0-1, 20KO), who is well on track to make the 140 lb. limit as he continues to prepare for a November 30 showdown with Khabib Allakhverdiev.

The bout – which will air live simultaneously on Pursuit TV and Bounce TV (8:00PM ET start time) from the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida – comes with a vacant 140 lb. title at stake. Yet for Guzman and his remaining days as a prizefighter, there is so much more on the line.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really like Guzman.......but I have a gut feeling he will be brutally knocked out. It should still be a great, action-packed fight.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      I really like Guzman.......but I have a gut feeling he will be brutally knocked out. It should still be a great, action-packed fight.
      Knocked out? I don't know about all that since the guy has a solid chin.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
        Knocked out? I don't know about all that since the guy has a solid chin.
        Had the fight not been stopped.....he would of been knocked out, IMO. Good fight, though.

Comment

Being an overrated bum should be your only concern for Guzman.

Comment

Guzaman bitched out of the fight I turned it off when he started rolling around complaining about his toe like david haye./

Comment

Working...
            X