Collapse
No announcement yet.

@boxing scene. What is making you like the lower weights more? Honestly curious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @boxing scene. What is making you like the lower weights more? Honestly curious

Obviously sites like this and other sites mostly started around the mid 2000's, but I remember in the early 2000's and definitely in the 90's the Heavyweights were a subject of constant topic among hardcore fans.

I remember the Lewis-Golota fight had entire groups of Golota Fanatics going insane on that one super Golota site and the Tyson-Holyfield fight got 100x the publicity compare to Whitaker or Jones.

Forget the casual fans, I'm talking about the guys who post on sites like NSB and other sites like this one, most of you guys enjoy and understand a lot about the lower weights 130-154 etc. But as the weight goes higher, the interest goes lower (talking about posters in general).

Why is that? Give me your personal reasons if it's not on the list? I'm trying to guess at the reasons.
    I don't associate with HW'S of today.
    9.09%
    More skilled atm and much more competition. More exciting
    27.27%
    Not enough coverage in the US Boxing market for HWs so I don't know them as well as lower weights.
    18.18%
    Lower weights is faster pace, more exciting, generally less holding.
    18.18%
    Nationality reasons.
    27.27%

I like to point out that guys like Rigo.Gamboa and Broner definitely gets more talked about than Wilder, Mitchell,Fury etc

I honestly can't remember a time when lower weight prospects get more attention than HW Prospects.

Comment

Working...
    X