• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescoring Fights from the son of a judge: Vol 3. Andre Ward vs Carl Froch

Judges Official Score cards
    115-113 115-113 118-110

Let's see if they got it right.
    Round One:
    Boring jabs from both men. Horrendous start already, non stop clinching. Ward finally lands a clean jab. Froch swings and misses badly. More clinches.
    10-9 Ward.

Round Two
    Ward looking to get inside early and tie Froch up. Another couple of jabs and a hook from the outside. Froch lands a beautiful upper cut. FOLLOWED BY A VARIETY OF RIGHT HANDS. That was 10 seconds of insane action, followed by clinches for the rest of the round up until the end when Froch lands 2-3 more jabs. Narrowly winning the Round.
    10-9 Froch

(19-19)

Round Three
    Froch is flurrying already, the left hand keep dropping, horrendous clinching from both men. Ward lands a few 'punches' that didn't look like punches. Froch rubs himself against Ward. Horrible round to watch and score.
    Ward 10-9
    (29-28)

Round Four
    Great jab and uppercut from Ward. Froch fights back, Froch lands a variety of combinations but none seem to hurt Ward. Froch jabs and attacks with his right hand. Non stop action from Froch, hugely ineffective though, but Ward just clinches and loses the round due to lack of effective aggressiveness.
    Froch 10-9

(38-38)

Round Five
    Ward pressures Froch, more clinches and more rubbing of bodies. Horrible and ineffective punching from Froch, looking really bad now. Ward looks good because Froch is looking so bad. Froch looks tired already.
    Ward 10-9

(48-47)

Round Six
    Froch is finally throwing combinations that is going through. Wonderful jabs from Froch, Ward is badly shaken from a vicious upper cut. Froch forcing Ward back. Good job Cobra.
    Froch 10-9

(57-57)

Round Seven
    Froch hasn't found a working tempo and Ward is too fast and elusive for him now. Ward beating Froch constantly to the punch yet again. Froch is shaken and looks hurt. No Froch is DEFINITELY HURT. Froch is wobbled by big right hands.

Ward 10-9

(67-66)

Round Eight
    Froch tries to set up Ward in the corner but ends up punching through the ropes. Froch HITS WARD hard, Froch got him now, but Ward clinches to survive. Froch flurries and get him against the ropes. Best round by far from Froch. late punch by Froch at the bell.
    Froch 10-9

(76-76)

Round Nine
    Ward has some swelling under his eye - Froch backed into the corner midway through the round, but he counters well and lands a few punches. OH WOW FROCH COUNTERS WITH BIG RIGHT HANDS. He is countering Ward.
    Froch 10-9

(85-86)

Round Ten
    Ward is down and he knows he will lose this fight if he loses the next 2 rounds. He comes on strong, he flurries and he destroys FROCH ON THE INSIDE. Wow. Amazing inside fighting from Ward. Jab-right hand- uppercut- jab jab jab. Wow great counter. Now he's going to the body. Jab body, upper cut.
    Ward 10-9
    (95-95)

Round Eleven
    This fight sure have gotten exciting, epic 2nd half of the fight this is.
    Repeated clinches as Ward tries to smother any attack. Froch tries to go hunting the body. Ward pushes him back, more clinching and VICIOUS UPPER CUT, oh no Froch is hurt and wobbled. Wow. WOW FROCH against the ropes taking a beating from Ward. Froch clinches to survive.
    Ward 10-9
    (105-104)

Round Twelve.
    Back and forth . BACK AND FORTH. The two champions are going at it. Amazing round as neither back down and both want it. Ward edges it though based on the better overall jabs and foot work along with combinations.
    Ward 10-9

(115-113)

Great fight. And

PERFECT SCORING FROM THE JUDGES.

115-113. Ward edges a razer thin decision. Great fight from two great champions.
    Last edited by FightScorer; 11-06-2012, 04:51 AM.

Not a bad scorecard tbh I had something similar.

Comment

I agree with the end score. Ward hardly dominated the fight like everyone makes it out to be.

Comment

it was a competetive fight, i remember with a couple rounds left thinking froch was still in it, but apparently (mostly according to the americans) ward "Kicked Froch's Ass"

Comment

Ward did control the fight. He didn't dominate it, but he definitely controlled it.

THere was times where Ward looked tired, and as if he couldn't hang with the pace Froch was setting. But he looked a lot physically stronger than Froch, and was able to clinch up, and have his way on the inside. That's part of being a great boxer - being able to fight on your terms. .

I wouldn't say Ward dominated, that's definitely not the right word-choice to describe what happened. . . But he controlled the fight.

But the way boxing is scored, I could see the fight being justifiably close on the scorecards, despite the actual fight, i.e. what actually happened over 12 rounds, not really being that close.

I had it 117-111, but there were definitely two rounds you could make an argument going for Froch.

It was one of those fights that really wasn't that close, but was justifiably close on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            it was a competetive fight, i remember with a couple rounds left thinking froch was still in it, but apparently (mostly according to the americans) ward "Kicked Froch's Ass"
            not all americans, most of us regular americans thought it was close too. ward isn't unstoppable.

Comment

The fight was closer than people on here make out it was not the utter domination that most will have you believe, however I don't agree with this score card I thought Froch was coming on strong and did most of his best work in the later rounds.

Comment

Round 2 to Froch? what phkkkn fight were you watching?

Ward landed 7 solid left hooks and the 6th hooks made Froch stumble, that uppercut from Froch was weak. Froch's best punches were 2 body shots the he got countered by the 6th left hook that made him stumble.

Round 4 to Froch? every solid punch was landed by Ward, especially the straight right which made Froch discourage, Carl's walk back to his stool said it all.

When I get back home I'll finish this, anyone who doesn't have 4-0 thru four rounds shouldn't be scoring fights. Those rounds were easy to score.

Comment

Gonna rewatch it, love watching Ward fight but I didn't really find that fight pleasing to watch, Ward didn't use his right hand enough and to think it was his left hand that was broken, watching it live I kept thinking to myself is his right hand messed up?!. Just weird, considering how close some of you had it I'm definitely gonna rewatch it, I only gave Froch 3 rounds by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                    not all americans, most of us regular americans thought it was close too. ward isn't unstoppable.
                    of course i don't mean to tar you all with the same brush

Comment

Working...
                    X