One be lo
    Jay Electronica
    Murs
    Mos def
    Talib Kweli
    Jean Grae
    Oddisee
    Tanya Morgan

Hip hop ain't dead it just went underground. If you look hard enough you will find it. As far as the three options go hip hop is the most dead. lil Wayne is not hip hop.

Comment

im a hip hop baby and i say hip hop is dead. mainstream hip hop atleast.
      only underground hip hop is respectable now (always was, but more so now)

Comment

hip hop is a derivative of jazz which is blues + technically masterful random improv ...

Comment

Box will not die.

Rock will never die. And there is still a lot of good rock out there, that latly bands have not been as great that is another subject. Still Kiss, Metallica and U2 are selling out stadiums around the world.

Underground hip-hop will not die. Mainstream commercial hip hop will be on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
            If Max Kellerman would've kept rapping, hip hop would still be alive!

wow, never seen that before. i honestly thought it would be a lot worse, like someone said - max > soulja boy

it's sad that his brother got murdered the way he did. also, look at 1:18 - max looks EXACTLY like charlie zelenoff

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
              hip hop is a derivative of jazz which is blues + technically masterful random improv ...
              the way the mayweather defends and counters is like miles davis trading licks w/coltrane

Comment

the way the mayweather defends and counters is like miles davis trading licks w/coltrane
                bump...nobody wants to argue or comment? sad...where are all the brothas? i'm just a po' cracka' livin' in a black man's world and I know this ****...

Comment

bump...nobody wants to argue or comment? sad...where are all the brothas? i'm just a po' cracka' livin' in a black man's world and I know this ****...
                  nah.... larry x dont even know what jazz means.

charles mingus > miles davis

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                    rock music is completly dead, the biggest bands now are like nickelback and daughtry. disgraceful.
                    Jay Z, Kanye, Common and a few others are keepin hip hop alive.
                    Jay-z and Kanye add to the pollution.. them dudes been wack.. hip hop is dead.. rappers like Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Black Thought, Joe Budden, Crooked I, etc keep it somewhat alive

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DONIMICANO View Post

charles mingus > miles davis

lol maybe...my understanding of mingus' greatness is as an arranger...davis' more as a soloist

kinda like sayin' roach>pac or dundee>ali or d'amato>tyson...

or what?

Comment

Working...
                      X