No announcement yet.

Why da hopkins hate now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by South318 View Post
    I thought the fight was boring, I fell asleep. Both fighters have accomplished a lot in the sport. As soon as they engaged, they clinched. I think if Roy would have let his hands go, he would have won.
    he would have been hit more if he did.

Comment

Were was the Hopkins who promised to knock Roy the **** out? the Hopkins who told Larry Merchant after the Pavlik fight this is how all my fights will be from now?

Instead all he did was throw 1 maybe 2 punches and clinch then foul or fake fouls. He barely even won rounds lol against a shot Jones who seemed scared to throw.. he was winning rounds by maybe landing 2-4 more shots..

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
        Okay first off, the Hopkins-Jones fight last night was dull and i give it a C- grade but there were some good exchanges. Hopkins did irritate me even tho they were illegal shots that Jones threw and i been hit in the back of the head and it does hurt when you get hit there but i think he exaggerated a lil bit to much but he's old so you never know lol.

But Hopkins was NEVER in trouble in this fight. Jones didn't engage or didn't want to engage and that is because he is DONE as an elite fighter. Jones fought like a fighter who used to be great and wanted to look great trying to survive to the last bell.
        I didn't like this fight because it doesn't do nothing for Hopkins resume and it would have done a lot for Roys if he would of won. So basically he was fighting putting all his marbles on table while just receiving a few back.

But come on, some of you are HATING this man to much.
        good thread..

Comment

i laughed when hopkins said something like i'm a scrappy philadelphia fighter and i was doing my thing and he was retaliating!
          i cant really complain because i wasnt going to expect fireworks with two 40+ guys fighting

Comment

I was dissapointed in both. Rjjr can't pull the trigger anymore. I hope he retires now.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
              LOL HATER. Hopkins got away with holding behind the head and hitting or other little stuff like that because he knew how too. He is still a boxing genius and he is 45 years old. This one fight should not make you lose respect for him.
              yea yea kick that bait elsewhere, a Boxing genius doesn't have to low blow on purpose, that's a foul shot and it's not okay even when you can get away with it, Roy took it and kept coming but Bernard wants to roll around and buy time and then suddenly out of nowhere come out with mad punches as if he was never hurt. I understand Boxing and it's many fundamentals but when you constantly have to cheat your way to a win you might get the accomplishment but true followers of Boxing wont give you 100% respect because it will always be known that you had to cheat to get your best wins..

I lost a lot of love for a lot of fighters I used to like recently, Joel Casamayor and Evander holyfield are 2 that stood out the most, these men are cheaters, they fight with their foreheads and that is awful, Boxing is dangerous enough without men like this headbutting you to death, even if you beat them they may head butt you and give you a cut that will develop scar tissue and easily can re open again in another which all could have been avoided if the ****in cheater didn't go against the rules and cheat, HEAD BUTTS are not allowed

Comment

Working...
              X