Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suprised No One Has Mentioned Nevad Ranch Battle. Embarrassed To Be From Rural Murca

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Suprised No One Has Mentioned Nevad Ranch Battle. Embarrassed To Be From Rural Murca

I mean seriously..... This whole ordeal is so ******ed. These guys out there actually believe they are fighting for freedom.. The sad thing is, while where i came from isn't as extreme as these guys, I know almost everyone back home is blindly agreeing with these people. I mean, I made the mistake of watching fox News a few days back and this obvious shill they had on kept referring to it as "his land". I was screaming at the tv, completely stupefied.

I love rural America. Will always live in it, but I just wish the people that made up the majority of it weren't so fucking stupid.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/18/politi...h-land-rights/

educated people generally live in cities, man.

rural people live simpler lives. they find value in family, religion, tradition, community.

Comment

Cliffs on the story OP?

Comment

Rancher hasnt paid grazing fees for nearly 20 years to the BLM. The BLM want his cattle off the land so Harry Reids son Rory Reids, Chinese backed solar panel company can use the land. The BLM has cited some kind of endangered turtle but if you pay the BLM than f@ck the turtles. Legally the rancher is all kinds of wrong. The BLM f@cked up by using police and cowboy mercenaries from Utah to take the cattle. The Utah Governor woulnt let the cowboys take them across the border to sell them. Simple break down is the BLM flexed muscles it desnt legally have to enforce their rules. They should have destroyed him in court and bankrupted him. When you show up with police and hired mercenary cowboys guess what, local cowboys who fully exercise their 2nd amendment right and probably dream of revolution show up. It was a literal tinderbox that thankfully didnt end like Waco. The downside for Senator Reid and the BLM is that now this is a huge issue that could have been avoided had they followed the laws themselves. Anyways if you live in Nevada Brian Sandoval will be running for Senate against Reid in a few years and hes better for representation of Nevada in the US congress.

Comment

Mak made a thread about this a few days ago, I believe.

Anyways, it's kinda crazy. I do think that the BLM was a little heavy handed, but I just didn't get the support or coverage by Fox over this shit. Hannity was disgusting.

I'm just glad that cooler heads prevailed, and nothing drastic went down. You had what, 200 armed federal agents, against who knows how many armed milita types that came to Bundys "defense" after the story came to light.

It could have really gone to **** with just one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            Rancher hasnt paid grazing fees for nearly 20 years to the BLM. The BLM want his cattle off the land so Harry Reids son Rory Reids, Chinese backed solar panel company can use the land. The BLM has cited some kind of endangered turtle but if you pay the BLM than f@ck the turtles. Legally the rancher is all kinds of wrong. The BLM f@cked up by using police and cowboy mercenaries from Utah to take the cattle. The Utah Governor woulnt let the cowboys take them across the border to sell them. Simple break down is the BLM flexed muscles it desnt legally have to enforce their rules. They should have destroyed him in court and bankrupted him. When you show up with police and hired mercenary cowboys guess what, local cowboys who fully exercise their 2nd amendment right and probably dream of revolution show up. It was a literal tinderbox that thankfully didnt end like Waco. The downside for Senator Reid and the BLM is that now this is a huge issue that could have been avoided had they followed the laws themselves. Anyways if you live in Nevada Brian Sandoval will be running for Senate against Reid in a few years and hes better for representation of Nevada in the US congress.
            Thats been debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
              Thats been debunked.
              Still in the review journal here.

Comment

Still in the review journal here.
                The solar plan thing is real, but that they are using his land specifically is not true..

The guy owes a million plus in fees, has lost in court on more then one occasion. It finally came to a head and something had to be done...

People who work in the BLM aren't devils. They are normal people working for middle class pay, undermanned (especially in these desert districts), under budgeted... They are doing their best. They are just people like you and me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                  The solar plan thing is real, but that they are using his land specifically is not true..

The guy owes a million plus in fees, has lost in court on more then one occasion. It finally came to a head and something had to be done...

People who work in the BLM aren't devils. They are normal people working for middle class pay, undermanned (especially in these desert districts), under budgeted... They are doing their best. They are just people like you and me.
                  BLM management are *******s. I dealt with them when I was in mining. They dont have the authority to do what they did. Look it up. I did last Monday at the unlv law library. They over stepped their boundaries and now public opinion is against them. Had they bled the rancher dry in court nobody would have cared and this would be a non issue.

Comment

BLM management are *******s. I dealt with them when I was in mining. They dont have the authority to do what they did. Look it up. I did last Monday at the unlv law library. They over stepped their boundaries and now public opinion is against them. Had they bled the rancher dry in court nobody would have cared and this would be a non issue.
                    Their is nothing to argue or lookup. One guy was in the wrong, proven in the court of law.

That M stands for management. BLM manages the land for the people. A lot of ranchers feel as if its their land when it is not. You come across this in a lot of these ranching areas, specifically in eastern Montana in my experience. Ranchers are the biggest lovers of handouts in the country and at the same time condemn others for it.

You dealt with them when you were mining the land they manage. The publics lands. Just because you don't like how they manage it doesn't mean they are *******s.

Comment

Working...
                    X