Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deciding Factors for Pacquiao/Hatton Official Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding Factors for Pacquiao/Hatton Official Thread.

There seems to be a new deciding factor that comes to light each day so lets get them all out now. I'll edit this first post and try and give a comprehensive list of factors for each fighter. So who do you have to win and what do you think the big factors and advantages will be. I'll start with some. In no particular order.

Important Factors & Advantages for Pac/Hitman.

Ricky Hatton
    1. Footwork - A lot of folks have been saying his footwork is underrated and that it may be the difference in this fight if it allows him to get inside fast.
    2. Bodypunching - It seems Hatton's co-trainer believes 1 or 2 bodypunches could completely change the fight.
    3. Single punch power - He's fought at Junior Welter for quite some time and if he loads up on his punches, it's very likely he can hit harder than Pacquiao on any single given punch.
    4. Clinching/Grappling and working inside.

Manny Pacquiao
    1. Handspeed - Speedkills and it sounds like a lot of fans think Pacquiao can land several shots on Hatton before he lands one.
    2. Hatton's tendency to cut and bruise - Hatton looked particularly bruised and battered against Lazcanzo and Malinaggi. Pacquiao punches even harder.
    3. Headmovement - I don't think this has been discussed but Pacquiao puts most bobble head dolls to shame. Will Pacquiao's head movement nullify Hatton's jab and ability to land clean? I think his head movement is underrated.
    4. Southpaw.
    5. Agility. His in and out + quick lateral movements make for a difficult target that can unload a combination and be gone. Making countering a challenge at times.

Ok lets add some more and discuss, I could be wrong about some already listed, let me know if you disagree. I'm sure after the fight is over there will be some deciding factor we missed but lets try and pin some down.
    Last edited by DrewWoodside; 02-19-2009, 12:26 PM.

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    There seems to be a new deciding factor that comes to light each day so lets get them all out now. I'll edit this first post and try and give a comprehensive list of factors for each fighter. So who do you have to win and what do you think the big factors and advantages will be. I'll start with some. In no particular order.

Ricky Hatton
    1. Footwork - A lot of folks have been saying his footwork is underrated and that it may be the difference in this fight if it allows him to get inside fast.
    2. Bodypunching - It seems Hatton's co-trainer believes 1 or 2 bodypunches could completely change the fight.
    3. Single punch power - He's fought at Junior Welter for quite some time and if he loads up on his punches, it's very likely he can hit harder than Pacquiao on any single given punch.

Manny Pacquiao
    1. Handspeed - Speedkills and it sounds like a lot of fans think Pacquiao can land several shots on Hatton before he lands one.
    2. Hatton's tendency to cut and bruise - Hatton looked particularly bruised and battered against Lazcanzo and Malinaggi. Pacquiao punches even harder.
    3. Headmovement - I don't think this has been discussed but Pacquiao puts most bobble head dolls to shame. Will Pacquiao's head movement nullify Hatton's jab and ability to land clean? I think his head movement is underrated.

Ok lets add some more and discuss, I could be wrong about some already listed, let me know if you disagree. I'm sure after the fight is over there will be some deciding factor we missed but lets try and pin some down.
    Hatton is relentless and can take a beating without going down most of the time

Comment

Ricky Hatton

Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao = southpaw.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        Pacquiao = southpaw.
        that's gonna be huge.. Pacquiao bobbing and weaving from the southpaw stance.. The relentless mauling from hatton is gonna be a tall order for Ricky. Putting it into main post.

Comment

Originally posted by GP27 View Post
          Hatton is relentless and can take a beating without going down most of the time
          has he fought anyone as relntless as pac? and most likely will be beat him to the punch most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
            has he fought anyone as relntless as pac? and most likely will be beat him to the punch most of the time.
            I consider Morales to have more effective relentless agresson. MAB too.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
              I want to put relentless into the main post but.. I mean Pacquiao will be relentless too.

Comment

that's gonna be huge.. Pacquiao bobbing and weaving from the southpaw stance.
                Agreed. I always thought this could be a major factor. Ricky has had a few problems with southpaw's in the past. Floyd took him out with the left, and Pac's left is super fast and very hard. He has a very impressive right hand these days, too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                  Agreed. I always thought this could be a major factor. Ricky has had a few problems with southpaw's in the past. Floyd took him out with the left, and Pac's left is super fast and very hard. He has a very impressive right hand these days, too.

Hatton's clinching could be a major factor.. My question is, will pacquiao allow himself to remain tied up? I think he'd be inclined to push off and start over each time. Pacquiao has too much gas in the tank to just rest in the clinch while Hatton worked him over.

Comment

I think the style matchup favors Pac, so I look at this as more of his fight to lose. Hatton can only win wit a sustained body assault in close imo. He's gotta be able to dodge or walk thru leather from Pac to get inside and bang the body as hard as he can. If he can do body damage, then he can gradually raise the target and put sumthin on Pac's chin. He's gotta hurt Pac downstairs to take his legs away, and he'd do well to keep Pac on the ropes or in the corner. If he can do that, he wins. Pac needs to stick and move. He can box goin forward, so jump in, flurry, rest for a few seconds, and do it again. He's got faster hands so he's just fine from long range since he can sneak in power punch leads or snap out jabs quicker than Hatton. Pac needs to take his time, get some points, and soften Hatton up before he starts goin all out for a KO. If he can box for 4-5 rds before he goes all out and keep Hatton off him inside, Pac's got this.

Comment

Working...
                    X