Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am I excited about Margaritos fight tonight all of sudden?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    Round 2 had more action than I seen in most of Fraud's career. The rest of the fight followed script. Fraud having his man where he wants him. Can do anything he wants and yet STILL doesn't put him away. :SIGH: :FACEPALM: But that's ok, just outboxing an opponent is good enough for his fans. I can watch Friday Night Fights and watch some bums outbox each other also and get the exact same feeling I got watching Fraud do it. Get me?
    Did you just describe the Floyd/Mosley fight or Pacquiao/Clottey, I'm having trouble figuring out which it was since it was the same exact fight. Did it possibly ever occur to you that neither opponent had ever been KO'd in their careers and that they didn't want to risk getting KO'd after about 4 rounds? Not just Pac fans but people who don't know **** about boxing need to just stop replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Did you just describe the Floyd/Mosley fight or Pacquiao/Clottey, I'm having trouble figuring out which it was since it was the same exact fight. Did it possibly ever occur to you that neither opponent had ever been KO'd in their careers and that they didn't want to risk getting KO'd after about 4 rounds? Not just Pac fans but people who don't know **** about boxing need to just stop replying.
      I don't think Mosley's loss should be compared to the reason and method to Clottey's loss. Clottey didn't show up. He was intimidated by Manny and went into his shell with no intentions of coming out. Joshua just didn't want to go down like everyone else; that was the only victory he sought.

Mosley, on the other hand, came out sharp and wanted to win. Anything in the later rounds that suggested his fire was burning out was due to Floyd's breaking of his will. Floyd fought a great fight and imposed his skills on a game fighter.

No shame on Manny, but his guy didn't come to fight like Shane did, so all he could do was win a boring fight.

Comment

You are not alone dude. We are boxing fans. I'm certainly watching his fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
          I don't think Mosley's loss should be compared to the reason and method to Clottey's loss. Clottey didn't show up. He was intimidated by Manny and went into his shell with no intentions of coming out. Joshua just didn't want to go down like everyone else; that was the only victory he sought.

Mosley, on the other hand, came out sharp and wanted to win. Anything in the later rounds that suggested his fire was burning out was due to Floyd's breaking of his will. Floyd fought a great fight and imposed his skills on a game fighter.

No shame on Manny, but his guy didn't come to fight like Shane did, so all he could do was win a boring fight.
          I wasn't ****ting on either fighter, I was saying its near impossible for someone to get a KO when the other simply doesn't want to get hit to avoid that happening. Clottey shelled up, but lets be real man, Mosley was getting pushed back by Floyd... Mosley ALWAYS fights back, watch his DLH fights, Cotto, Margarito hell ANY fight he's been in he's come back with fire except this one because he didn't want to get KO'd. Clottey not throwing any punches and shelling up is the equivalent of having Mosley retreat without firing off any shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            I wasn't ****ting on either fighter, I was saying its near impossible for someone to get a KO when the other simply doesn't want to get hit to avoid that happening. Clottey shelled up, but lets be real man, Mosley was getting pushed back by Floyd... Mosley ALWAYS fights back, watch his DLH fights, Cotto, Margarito hell ANY fight he's been in he's come back with fire except this one because he didn't want to get KO'd. Clottey not throwing any punches and shelling up is the equivalent of having Mosley retreat without firing off any shots.
            To me the difference was that Mosley just plain couldn't get **** off. He was fighting tight, because of Floyd's speed and inclination to keep fighting and counter- he wasn't running- and later on, Shane just couldn't figure out any way not to lose every exchange. I mean, he was beaten mentally in the ring.

Clottey, on the other hand, was beat mentally before the fight. By the hype, the media, by Pacquiao's status and the new Cowboy's stadium; he decided he'd lose every exchange before he fought.

Mosley was beaten by in-ring intimidation.
            Clottey was beaten before he even got into the 1st round.

That's how I see it.

Comment

Working...
            X