No announcement yet.

Ali was a underrated movie.Great opening scene with Sam Cooke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    Ali was great, Will did an incredible job, movie also doesn’t get enough credit for having the best boxing choreography for the fights even in a film. Looked spot on to how his fights went. Very underrated film.

Raging Bull is easily the best boxing film ever. Nothing comes close to it. People who prefer Rocky, or the fighter or any other boxing movie simply should jump off a bridge.
    If you want to watch a movie with GREAT boxing choreography, watch "The Boxer" with Daniel Day Lewis. Each fight scene, looked like an actual boxing match. Completely opposite of Rocky, and "The Fighter".

I'm shocked that no one even brought up "The Hurricane" with Denzel Washington!!!

Has to be considered one of the best boxing movies of all time.
    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit
      I'm shocked that no one even brought up "The Hurricane" with Denzel Washington!!!

No. Just, no.

That movie is the definition of a 'Hollywood bastardization'. It's one thing to get the facts wrong, it's another thing to disregard them entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        No. Just, no.

That movie is the definition of a 'Hollywood bastardization'. It's one thing to get the facts wrong, it's another thing to disregard them entirely.
        SMDH. So you thought Ali was better than the Hurricane!?

LMFAO. As a boxing MOVIE, it completely ****s on Ali.

Comment

I enjoyed Ali.

Maybe because I had low expectations for it. I knew no actor could pull of playing Ali, and no director could cinematograph the incredible life of Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            If you want to watch a movie with GREAT boxing choreography, watch "The Boxer" with Daniel Day Lewis. Each fight scene, looked like an actual boxing match. Completely opposite of Rocky, and "The Fighter".

The Hurricane ?!

Are you serious?

Thats like the typical Hollywood movie for you right there.

Utterly uninspiring

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              SMDH. So you thought Ali was better than the Hurricane!?

LMFAO. As a boxing MOVIE, it completely ****s on Ali.
              I found Ali much better than The Hurricane, yes.

Comment

I watched the first scene and turned it off.

Maybe the film went on to explain why that Liston fight was so amazing, but i felt it just glossed over it. People who dont know about the build up wouldnt appreciate what Cassius Clay did to Liston that night, and the impact it made on boxing history.

Plus, ive watched too much Ali (like we probably all have), to know his career and character inside out. No one, including Will Smith could do him justice. And no film could do his career and life justice. Unless it was a 3 film epic like LOTRs. lol

Comment

I enjoyed Ali, it was a pretty good movie which encapsulated some of the essence of the man himself. At times I thought it was a bit too serious but in my opinion, one of the best biopics around. And Smith's performance was great, very few actors could have done what he did.

Comment

I thought it was okay but could have been much better

Comment

Working...
                    X