Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

putting henry armstrong in the top 3 p4p is nuts....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
    your fight, i was wrong.....

still everytime i see a video wonder why no one hit him with a uppercut when he ducked down....
    Ceferino Garcia was known for his "bolo punch", an uppercut which he knocked out many opponents with.

Armstrong for the most part was able to neutralize his uppercut and he was also able to take it whenever Garcia landed it:

Last edited by TheGreatA; 10-11-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
      i just hit up boxrec and lew jenkins lost 9 of his previos 10 fights before armstrong, so please explain....

also saying armstrong shouldve won the middleweight title is deceptive because he fought the same guy he beat at welterweight....thats like pac winning the title from marquez at 130 then if he won the title from him at 135 i could only imagine the hate he'd get...
      I've never even suggested that Armstrong should have won the MW title..
      In response to the 2 fights with Jenkins.. GreatA has already done a superb job, in explaining the facts..

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        He also fought Ceferino Garcia twice, a welterweight and a middleweight who stopped many good fighters with one punch. Armstrong took his best punches.

Armstrong's style worked very well against movers, much like Joe Frazier's. He would cut off the ring and wear them down.
        Valid point!.. He's clearly a lot bigger than Hank in the vids..

Comment

A valid question in assessing greatness I think is:
          "What could this fighter have done to increase his status?"
          Maybe Armstrong needed to go undefeated and win 4 of the 8 available titles in order to deserve top 3 status? Who, dare I ask, is more deserving of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots?

Comment

Working...
          X