Who is Higher All Time Great? Pac or Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
    if pac faced who floyd fought... you shouldn't belittle pacman's opposition
    Pac fought very good opposition; I'm just saying Floyd would have not only have beaten them, but he would still have the "O" unlike Pac.

I'm not positive Pac beats a Prime, undefeated, Diego Corrales either.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
      Would Floyd lose to Morales and draw (and in most people's opinion LOSE) against Juan Manuel Marquez? I don't think so. Floyd has never lost, and damn near all his victories have been blowouts. He is much more skilled than Pacquiao and has the better resume and legacy BY FAR.
      the point is not who would have beat who? or how one would do in the other's place.

they weren't fighting in the same divisions. how can you judge them that way?

the point is resume.

could floyd have beaten marquez , barrera and morales at 130? quite possible.

but the point is he didn't.

judge manny's resume and floyd's resume. no hypotheticals involved.

look at the wins and records and opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        Pac fought very good opposition; I'm just saying Floyd would have not only have beaten them, but he would still have the "O" unlike Pac.

Im very positive that Morales, Barrera and Marquez would beat Mayweather if they would fought...

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          the point is not who would have beat who? or how one would do in the other's place.

they weren't fighting in the same divisions. how can you judge them that way?

the point is resume.

judge manny's resume and floyd's resume. no hypotheticals involved.

look at the wins and records and opponents.
          Yeah, but it can be a bit unfair since Floyd didn't milk that division. Those fighters aren't better than Floyd was a lightweight.

I'm not even sure any of them get by a Prime Diego before he fought Floyd.

That win alone might be proof enough for leverage of legacy.

Manny has also been knocked out twice, lost to a faded Morales, and has a SD and a D against JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
            Im very positive that Morales, Barrera and Marquez would beat Mayweather if they would fought...
            Yeah, I know you would.

You remind me of that one guy in the Philippines on the bio HBO gave for one of Pac's fights: This guy said Pac was the best; he could beat the HW Champ; and he was serious.

Comment

i wouldn't be so sure of mayweather beating the caliber of jmm, erik and mab. on the other hand, these 3 legends beats prime corrales imho. i just dont see this guy beating pacquiao. i still think he's a good boxer thou, but doesn't box well with out-fighters

Comment

Yeah, I know you would.

You remind me of that one guy in the Philippines on the bio HBO gave for one of Pac's fights: This guy said Pac was the best; he could beat the HW Champ; and he was serious.
                Are you serious? Wow i was shocked... Morales, Barrera and Marquez >>>>Mayweather... How you like that?

Comment

Yeah, but it can be a bit unfair since Floyd didn't milk that division. Those fighters aren't better than Floyd was a lightweight.

I'm not even sure any of them get by a Prime Diego before he fought Floyd.

That win alone might be proof enough for leverage of legacy.

Manny has also been knocked out twice, lost to a faded Morales, and has a SD and a D against JMM.
                  that's fine if you want to judge the losses against manny and vote floyd.

but what's the point of comparing how barrera and marquez and morales would do against chico?

those guys like pacquiao are featherweights. marco and erik started at 122 and juanma started at 126. how do you compare them like that head to head against a guy who started at 130?

judge the resumes of the fighters not who would beat who head to head when they are not the same size. it'd be unfair to the smaller fighters.

it's like saying michael spinks is greater than bernard hopkins because he beat larry holmes and larry holmes would beat trinidad. doesn't make sense.

judge greatness by resume not by who would beat who head to head. you can do that when people are the same size but not when they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    the point is resume.

Yes, and could Pac have beaten a prime, massive lightweight Castillo, SFW Corrales, Hernandez, etc etc? I doubt it, but we'll never know.

Can you imagine Pac facing Corrales at SFW? A prime Corrales? Just think of the size difference between Pac and Oscar. That was pretty evident right? Now imagine Pac as he was at 130 when he was fighting Marquez, Morales, Barrera. Now imagine him facing a massive power puncher that is the same size as Oscar was, who has a strong jab along with a brutal left hook and really nasty, short right. Honestly, I don't see it getting near the end 'cause that's how big Corrales is. He is the same size as Oscar with a seventy " reach!

At the SFW he also beat Hernandez. A great fighter who had only lost to Oscar when he was fighting down at his low weights years earlier. Could Pac have beaten Hernandez? Considering he took out fighters such as the other Hernandez, Azumah Nelson, Jorge Paez, Gerena, and a large host of others, there are some pretty similar aggressive fighters there that would be like fighting Pac.

Hard to say when comparing their weight divisions. I would have personally preferred to go up against the smaller guys like Marquez, Barrera and morales who had started at much lower weights many years earlier and were finishing up their careers at weights where they were no longer as effective as they had been instead of facing some freakishly huge prime, undefeated guys still in their best natural weights at the top of their game that were also twice the size of me.

But hey, that's just me.

Nonetheless, that is all rather irrelevant as neither guy faced them, but, having faced some of the best fighters of that weight division while they were young, prime champs themselves who would move up to higher divisions and still win, is better than beating old champs at the end of their careers at weights they are not as effective at. It's a difficult choice but at the points of their careers that they were at Chico (dominating TKO), Castillo (controversial win and then wide UD), and Hernandez (dominating TKO) or Hatton (dominating TKO) beats Barrera (dominating TKO, UD), shot Morales (a loss there for Pac) and Marquez (controversial draw and controversial SD win).
                    Last edited by BennyST; 12-19-2008, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Did Floyd lost to Castillo, beat a weight drained Corrales, beat faded Gatti and handpicked 10 losses Baldomir? And a shot Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                      X