Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry. I just rewatched Wladimir vs Haye. Why all the blame on Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was strange to see Wlad back up 4 feet everytime it appeared Haye was going to throw a punch off the ropes. Too bad Haye didn't punch more.

Comment

Wlad did what he does, press behind the jab
      he clearly showed more aggression than normal in that fight though
      if Haye had opened up more, surely Wlad would have to
      sometimes a guy can be lulled to sleep by his opponent
      the longer it went with Haye inactive, the more Wlad slowed down too
      won't bash Wlad for that snoozer, he did try
      once Haye realized his counterpunching game wasn't working, it's on him
      after 5-6 rds, he shoulda stepped it up
      add to that all his talking and ducking, you can't help blaming it on him

Comment

Haye: "I got a remedy for that clinching. . . " *Falls down at Wlad's crotch everytime there is a clinch*

Comment

Who who keeps saying Haye did a magnificent job of avoiding Wlad's jab?

LOL, Wlad landed 30% of his jabs, landing over 100 for the entire fight. That is very good statistics for the jab, which is usually not a very "high percentage" punch.

Wladimir's jab is main reason why Haye was unable to do anything. Not only could he not avoid it, but he couldn't do anything when he did manage to weave under the jab, for fear of the right hand coming right behind it.

That's how Wladimir works - he starts off getting you worried about his jab. . Then introduces the right hand a few times. . Then when you're worried about the right hand, he brings in the left hook. . He throws each punch off the other, setting them up. About 70% jab, 20% straight right, and 10% left hook.

Comment

Haye needs to employ some damn Mike Tyson ferocious Body Punching. lol

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            Who who keeps saying Haye did a magnificent job of avoiding Wlad's jab?
            I did.
            Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            LOL, Wlad landed 30% of his jabs, landing over 100 for the entire fight. That is very good statistics for the jab, which is usually not a very "high percentage" punch.

You mean these guys?

Last edited by damuttz112; 10-30-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Wlad actuallt said Haye will be 6 foot under or something. People forget that... Wlad lied.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Wlad is not 6'7", he's 6'6" and Haye is 6'3", the same height as Muhammed Ali.

Haye isn't a natural cruiserweight. He walks around at 220-225 and said he was "killing himself" to make the 200 pound CW weight limit.

And lets not forget, Wladimir had most of his amateur fights at below 200, the same as Haye did in the amateurs.

I'm not saying they are the same size, I'm pointing out that you're trying to exaggerate the size difference to discredit Wladimir.
                Haye is actually around 6'1'', they actually joke about Boxrec labelling him as 6'3'' in his book

Comment

Haye mouthed off far too much before the fight , hence he looked like a right tool afterwards, he made himself further look like a tool when he showed his poorly toe.

Basically Haye couldnt get passed the jab the weapon he was well aware of.

Wlad may have also not lived up to his promises but he still won the fight.

Comment

from ESPN:

@danrafaelespn Too bad this isn't hurricane David Haye, it would flop around for 36 minutes and then blame its #toe.

Comment

Haye didn't come to fight, he wanted to survive. Which is ok. But not with all the trash he talked and then pulled his toe out.

Comment

Working...
                      X