Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPV Buys will Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo vs. Angulo/Trout get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say between 1.1 or 1.25 mill

Comment

Trout vs Canelo can stand on its own and should be on a separate date. And I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        950K is 1.2 - 1.3M in Bob Arum numbers. Then again, Floyd doesn't need Bob to lie about his numbers in order to compete with someone who sells more.

Bottom line, if the card is stacked the way it shoud be (May Guerreo, Alvarez Trout, Broner Burns/Gamboa or moves up to 140) it will be a great night of boxing.
        You sure about that? I think 950k would be doubled to 1.9Mill in ArumLandia.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You sure about that? I think 950k would be doubled to 1.9Mill in ArumLandia.
          You may be right... lol

Comment

1-1.1 million for Floyd v Guerrero and Canelo v Golden Boy House Bum

1.4-1.6 million for Floyd v Guerrero and Canelo v Trout.

You can market Trout now as undefeated champion,Cotto conquerer, and first legit big test for Canelo as 50/50 fight.

If Trout wins...new American star because he will need to knock out Canelo.

BTW I like Canelo by 5th round KO.He is the real deal.

Comment

I don't keep track of how many buys these fights get but I voted that it would get over 1.2 million. Mayweather has been out of action for a long time and lots of fans will pay to see him back. Canelo is a huge star and this would be his most important fight. The two of them together should be the biggest moneymaker in years.

Comment

I have a feeling that this one will have underwhelming numbers. Guerrero has a good story, but he is not an engaging personality and no one outside of people that follow boxing closely knows who he is.
                Add to the fact that there is no possibility of a Pacquiao fight this year and I think you see slightly better numbers than Pac-Bradley.

Comment

actually i think this canelo-trout fight may make the card surpass 1.4 million ppv buys

Comment

if this is the line up this is one of the greatest cards i have ever seen

Mayweather-Guerrero
                    Canelo-Trout
                    Mares-De leon

this card is capable of doing 1.5 million buys

Comment

Probably around 700k which will equate to 1.2 mil according to Golden Boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X