No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Plans Legal Battle With Mayweathers, Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nice Christmas surprise.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by GameBullDawg View Post
      Hey dumbass,,, slander makes you LIABLE !!!!

MANNY PACQUIAO TO SUE FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR
      By G. Leon

Moments ago Bob Arum informed **********.com that pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao will be filing a lawsuit against Floyd Mayweather Jr, Floyd Mayweather Sr and Golden Boy Promotions CEO for libel and slander. There will be more to follow until then, REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST! 10:53 PM EST

Pit General the Real Bulldog sez,,,, you can run but you can't hide !!!!!
      You call me a dumbass cause I said watch the judge make him take the test? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKK..........

Comment

Will Pacquiao take a blood test for this case and prove he's clean?

Comment

Originally posted by k1t3 View Post
          Don't you think his expensive legal advisers have considered everything? I reckon they have.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

This is a ***** move.

Comment

According to Freddie Roach, Pac does not know what steroids, or HGH, or tall buildings is. You sure he knows what a lawsuit is?

Comment

If anyone believes this, please PM me. I just won $110 million in the the lottery and I want to share part of my winnings with you.....in exchange for a small amout of seed money to cover the costs of shipping and handling.

First of all, Floyd Jr. has not been quoted as saying that Manny was taking performance-enhancing drugs. As far as I know, Golden Boy's CEO has not publicly stated it either, so unless I have missed something they were quoted as saying, neither of them can be sued for slander. Libel charges can only be levelled against a media outlet that publishes or airs false allegations. Neither Floyd Jr. or Golden Boy's CEO own a publication, so they can't be sued for libel.

Second, you can only win a libel or slander suit if you can prove in court that 1) the allegations are false and 2) the allegations have harmed you professionally (ex: caused you to lose a job or lose money or lose customers if you are involved in a business of some kind). Pac has not lost anything so far so he couldn't win this suit even if it was true, which I don't believe.

Third, libel suits are the most difficult to win in court because the burden of proof is on the plaintiff and the proof has to be substantial. Pac couldn't win this suit even if he actually tried.

How do I know these things? Because I majored in Journalism in college and the rules of libel and slander were among the the first things we were studied. Also, if you conducted some research, you will find very few successful libel and slander suits. Lou Dibella won one against Bernard Hopkins a few years ago but Dibella had Hopkins slanderous comments on tape and proved that his comments were harmful to his professional endeavors.

This is an example Arum's posturing. Remember, this is the man who once said, "I was lying yesterday. I am telling the truth today."
                Last edited by big_james10; 12-25-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by k1t3 View Post
                  That's a good question.

Comment

Sue the ****in crackheads drug pushers and wife beater and let them cough up all the money they earned from dealing drugs and cherry picking opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      This is a ***** move.
                      Nah, it's the right thing to do.

I'ma light a fat one to celebrate.

Comment

Working...
                      X