No announcement yet.

What is Freddy Roach's secret?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Freddy Roach's secret?

If you watched 24/7 they showed the clip a couple times of Freddie Roach saying he knows why De La Hoya blew it during the 2nd half of the Mayweather fight/why he will lose to Pac, but he is not telling. He said we will see it during the fight. What could he be talking about?

What made oscar stop throwing the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandro17 View Post
      Yep. He had to be hintin at the lack of a strong jab after 7 due to DLH not havin full 12 rd stamina against PBF. But Pac's gonna have to survive DLH's power early on to make his stamina problem in the back half of a 12 rd fight mean anything.

Comment

I think he's just talking trash to sell the fight and try to get inside DLH's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandro17 View Post
          Floyd took that away,he just made it difficult for Oscar to use the jab.Hopkins does that as well,they take away your best weapon so you cant use it.

Comment

I don't think there's much of a secret really, I thought it was pretty clear DLH got cautious about throwing his jab because Mayweather was being effective with right hands over the top, and if it's the stamina thing, that's definitely not a secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              I don't think there's much of a secret really, I thought it was pretty clear DLH got cautious about throwing his jab because Mayweather was being effective with right hands over the top, and if it's the stamina thing, that's definitely not a secret.
              I don't recall Mayweather landing too many pull-counters over DLH's jab. I know he landed one good one off the ropes, early in either round 3 or 4, but DLH walked thru it and went to PBF's body (PBF blocked them with his elbow).

It was for this reason that I kind of wondered why DLH didn't jab as often. PBF can make guys leary about jabbing because of his counter right over the jab, unless you're Gatti or Ndou, and keep throwing the jab no matter how many times Mayweather hits you clean with a right hand over it.

But with DLH, I didn't see Mayweather's counter right over the jab being effective. What he was very effective with, however, was jabbing to DLH's body, and then coming upstairs with a right to the head. That worked for PBF time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                I don't recall Mayweather landing too many pull-counters over DLH's jab. I know he landed one good one off the ropes, early in either round 3 or 4, but DLH walked thru it and went to PBF's body (PBF blocked them with his elbow).

It was for this reason that I kind of wondered why DLH didn't jab as often. PBF can make guys leary about jabbing because of his counter right over the jab, unless you're Gatti or Ndou, and keep throwing the jab no matter how many times Mayweather hits you clean with a right hand over it.

But with DLH, I didn't see Mayweather's counter right over the jab being effective. What he was very effective with, however, was jabbing to DLH's body, and then coming upstairs with a right to the head. That worked for PBF time and time again.
                I saw a few get through as the fight went on, which was around the time that DLH stopped jabbing, there weren't too many of them but I think it's part of the reason why DLH stopped jabbing, which is way I said they were effective.

DLH was doing a pretty good job of blocking Mayweather's right hand, I thought Compubox was giving Mayweather way too much credit for punches that DLH managed to block.

Maybe it has something to do with Roach saying DLH has a weak mind, maybe Mayweather got him thinking the jab wasn't effective because of his elusiveness, I saw Roach drilling Pacquiao on how to duck and slip the jab and get to the body in the training video, maybe he's trying to do the same thing, make Pacquiao elusive so that DLH will stop jabbing because of his so called weak mind.

Comment

he's just hyping the fight to make it seem less of a mismatch.

Comment

Fcuk knows but it did have my head tripping out as to what he was on about

Comment

Working...
                    X