Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected 200k minimum but less than 150k.. ehhh...

At least he sold out MSG that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Exactly...this fight had to be on PPV to pay Lemieux and GGG all that money I guess but it shouldn't have been...he better not try fighting Tuerano Johnson on PPV lol
      the problem with golovkin is that he's actually believing some of his nerdy pimpled faced fans..........against cotto he won't accept anything under 160 and probably is gonna want a large split (same for canelo) this is the type of stuff that can ruin those fights and golovkin will be back to fighting rubio while being proclaimed to be greater then monzon all over again...........

he truly believes that he's a A side PPV star which is one of the reasons he laughed away from ward. the guy isn't getting any younger and should at least know his current position in boxing. not a delusional one brought fourth by his fans...........

Comment

LOL at FightHype the land of the GGG haters, aka the Ghetto of the internet lol. Fatass high school dropout Ben Thompson makes crap up just to keep his GoDaddy site running.

ALSO it wouldn't be Gennadys fault most boxing fans live in poverty and have to pick and choose what they spend a $60 on. We probably have the poorest fanbase in all sports.

Comment

1. It's Floydhype.
          2. It's been three days.
          3. It did at least half a million.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            WTF? Unless the numbers come directly from the network (in this case HBO), it is nothing but speculation regardless of the source. If Rick Glaser or Fat Dan Rafael give a number, it will likely come from the promoter himself and you definitely can't trust those numbers.
            How dare you put Rick Glaser, our beloved legendary colorful matchmaker/truth teller, and Fat Dan in the same sentence.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-20-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              9 million would be 150,000 sales plus gate and sponsors...GGG made 2 million...Lemieux 1.5 million.. The main undercard was a couple hundred grand each guy I think...

They probably made out ok but hoped to make much more...
              Yea I would say they did a bit better than break even, but Golovkin and Lemieux aren't going to be getting a big check from the profits.

Comment

Lmao.......

Comment

When was chavez jr. Was an eight rounder he used to make better numbers than this on those Latin fury cards lol

Comment

I was only expecting 75,000, so it obviously did better than I thought it would. However, the new face of boxing, as some have called GGG is obviously not the new face of boxing since he sold less than half the number of PPVs that Floyd Mayweather sold him in first PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by chaposinaloa View Post
                      When was chavez jr. Was an eight rounder he used to make better numbers than this on those Latin fury cards lol
                      Chavez Jr had a whole country behind him and is the son of a mexican legend... big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X