if you're a legit hardcore graphics enthusiast, you need to invest in a PC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
    I can't justify the money

i can drop a couple of hundred on a ps4 or xbox one, but for a real gaming pc it's at minimum 1000 pounds and my girlfriend would wring my neck

I'd love to have a go on a top notch gaming pc though
    You don't need to drop the bank on a gaming PC, all you need is decent CPU and decent Graphics card. For about 600 you can get a 1440p ready rig with 2-3 times the computational power of a console.

If you're looking for value I recommend getting a GTX 660. That was my old card before my upgrade and I could run pretty much everything at max settings, but that was when I was using a 1080p monitor. I could probably run games at 1440p with that card but at lower frame rates.

Another advantage of PC gaming is that you don't have to pay a cent for games. I pirate all my **** lol.

Fallout 4 is coming out soon. Another free game.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-10-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I think I need to go 1440p

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
        You don't need to drop the bank on a gaming PC, all you need is decent CPU and decent Graphics card. For about 600 you can get a 1440p ready rig with 2-3 times the computational power of a console.

If you're looking for value I recommend getting a GTX 660. That was my old card before my upgrade and I could run everything max settings at 100+ fps, but that was when I was using a 1080p monitor. I could probably run games at 1440p with that card but at lower frame rates.

Another advantage of PC gaming is that you don't have to pay a cent for games. I pirate all my **** lol.

Fallout 4 is coming out soon. Another free game.
        But you need a monitor too, those things are around 400.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
          But you need a monitor too, those things are around 400.
          That's true a 1440p monitor will set you back, but you'll still get drastically better performance with a budget gaming pc if you hook it up to your tv, or better yet get an affordable 1080p monitor.

Monitors are superior to TV's because of their faster latency.

Comment

Lol, I think I'll wait for the proper technology before I make such a big investment I mean for me I just don't see the point I've played 8 bit games I don't need the luxury of 4K gaming right now I will move to that point when its stable with the technology of just one card and even with the Titan honestly its not that feasible imo.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
              That's true a 1440p monitor will set you back, but you'll still get drastically better performance with a budget gaming pc if you hook it up to your tv, or better yet get an affordable 1080p monitor.

Monitors are superior to TV's because of their faster latency.
              For me its all about the cost, for the ps1 ps2 and this last gen, i just bought the console and pirated all the games, but this gen seems unhackable i might need to buy a pc because buying original games each are like 70 dollars here in mexico thats 10% of what i make a month i would go broke fast.

Comment

Someone recommend a top CPU, currently got an i3.

Comment

Working...
                X