No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward vs. Dawson: The Trainers Prediction Roundtable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward vs. Dawson: The Trainers Prediction Roundtable

Sam Garcia (Ward): “I’m going to go with the hometown guy. Andre Ward, it’s difficult to pick against him, because he and Virgil Hunter work so well together, and he’s so smart. He seems to always have a game plan. They’re always in sync with each other. Whatever Virgil sees on the outside, it seems like Andre Ward can execute it inside the ropes, so I’m going to go with him just based on intelligence and knowing how to handle just about every kind of style.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Sam Garcia (Ward): “I’m going to go with the hometown guy. Andre Ward, it’s difficult to pick against him, because he and Virgil Hunter work so well together, and he’s so smart. He seems to always have a game plan. They’re always in sync with each other. Whatever Virgil sees on the outside, it seems like Andre Ward can execute it inside the ropes, so I’m going to go with him just based on intelligence and knowing how to handle just about every kind of style.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Well, BoxingScene staff goes more for Chad and Trainers more for Ward..

I will go with Ward as well... it is just hard for me to go against Ward. In every fight he showed me he wants it simply bad... on top he has enough skills to back it up... Dawson is a different kind of fighter but he lacks for me personally the last touch inside him...

Ward will just give a little bit more then Dawson... Dawson will be happy to just give a good effort as always... he just lacking the last step...

Ward will win it but I guess it will be competive till the second half of the fight... if Ward really outclasses him then I'm 100% sold on him... now I'm about 90% sold on him... but even if he wins close it is still impressive...

Skillwise it wouldn't be a huge upset if Dawson pulls it out but the final effort is just missing for me in Dawson... but I'm looking forward to this one

Comment

I am picking Ward, but something bothers me about my pick:

Of all the people that Chad could have called out, why Ward? And why was CD willing to give up so much to do it? Almost like Hopkins when Bernard sees something he can exploit and he calls out a guy that everyone thinks is too dangerous (i.e. Pavlik)

Comment

Originally posted by jkaisen41 View Post
        ... if Ward really outclasses him then I'm 100% sold on him... now I'm about 90% sold on him... but even if he wins close it is still impressive...
        It kinda baffles me how anyone cannot be one zillion percent sold on Ward.

He just dominated every top guy at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          It kinda baffles me how anyone cannot be one zillion percent sold on Ward.

He just dominated every top guy at 168.
          Dirrell? Bute? Yes in hindsight Froch stopped him, but styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            I am picking Ward, but something bothers me about my pick:

Of all the people that Chad could have called out, why Ward? And why was CD willing to give up so much to do it? Almost like Hopkins when Bernard sees something he can exploit and he calls out a guy that everyone thinks is too dangerous (i.e. Pavlik)
            You're not the only who has that mind-frame. Honestly though, I think ya'll are giving Dawson too much credit lol. He called out Ward because there's no one else worth his while. It's either Ward or Pascal, and he chose to take the fight with the better risk:reward ratio, arguably.

Comment

hyped for this fight. add in that these are two good people, well im just glad they're getting the spotlight. gonna be a classic.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
              X