No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    What a fight that was between Cunningham and Hernandez. Great stuff! Disappointed by how wide the judges scorecards were. I thought it would have been a 2 point difference or something. no way 6 points.
    i had it 115-111. Definitely a fair decision, and quite a few of Cunninghams rounds were close enough to go the route of the "hometown" guy.

Thought for sure it was done in the fourth round. Looked like Cunningham turned into jello, but managed to pick himself up (twice!). Sick recovery on that man.

Great first half but then it got really sloppy. Lot's of heart through to the end though.
    Well worth a watch.

Comment

• Cant believe Arthur had Quigg on his back! Quigg might not have the chin id hoped for but he is mentally solid and did everything right from the KD onwards, this fight will have done him well

Frampton must be fancying his chances more so now though

Comment

• Boxing needs to get back to same day weigh ins. Chavez defended his WBC middleweight title as a cruiserweight last night. Its my opinion that this ruins the integrity of having weight limits. If a fighter can't make a certain weight than he has no business fighting in that division. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Boxing needs to get back to same day weigh ins. Chavez defended his WBC middleweight title as a cruiserweight last night. Its my opinion that this ruins the integrity of having weight limits. If a fighter can't make a certain weight than he has no business fighting in that division. Thoughts?
          Completely agree.

Comment

Boxing needs to get back to same day weigh ins. Chavez defended his WBC middleweight title as a cruiserweight last night. Its my opinion that this ruins the integrity of having weight limits. If a fighter can't make a certain weight than he has no business fighting in that division. Thoughts?
            Maybe they should put a limit, since they are likely never going back to same day weigh ins. The IBF has a 10 pound rehydration limit I think, that would work for me. It is ridiculous that guys can end up so big, Chavez is freaking huge.

Comment

• Why did same day weigh ins stop? was it because of the Spinks-Mustafa Muhammad fight?

Comment

I thought the exact same thing last night. It made me think about Gatti-Gamache. 21 pounds over the limit is ridiculous.

Comment

Cotto is one of my favorite fighters but I expect Floyd to put an exclamation point on this fight and stop him late.
                  If Mayweather is aggressive then he will stop him any time from the 8th onwards,still think Cottos stamina is still slightly iffy but the deciding factor will be the difference in ability,i admire Cotto as a fighter for his willingness to face anybody,but i just cant see him winning this one

Comment

• Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
                    Why did same day weigh ins stop? was it because of the Spinks-Mustafa Muhammad fight?

There is one official reason and one rea reason. Officially it is because it is (allegedly) more medically safe to allow the fighter to rehydrate in adequate time. I'm not sure how safe that is for his opponent though.

The real reason is that promoters and networks like the extra day for the publicity the weigh in offers. If it is the same day then it doesn't boost the PPV buys/TV ratings as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      There is one official reason and one rea reason. Officially it is because it is (allegedly) more medically safe to allow the fighter to rehydrate in adequate time. I'm not sure how safe that is for his opponent though.

The real reason is that promoters and networks like the extra day for the publicity the weigh in offers. If it is the same day then it doesn't boost the PPV buys/TV ratings as much.
                      The extra publicity scenario definitely makes sense, the weigh in is almost like an appetiser for the main course

Comment

Working...
                      X