From ESPN: Potential Pac vs. Berto..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    I'll take this over the Mosley fight.

He has to prove himself at some point anyways. He doesn't have much wear on his body yet, but isn't exactly a young prospect either. He's also undefeated. Not a career defining victory to have on your resume, but neither is Shane Mosley at this point.

He's reaching that point where we just have to see something out of him. Fighting #1 P4P in the world is no easy task, but I don't see that many people out there willing to fight him, maybe except for Paul Williams and he'd have to move up to 154 if he wanted Cotto or Margarito
    Not a career defining, I agree. Because only Floyd can provide that for him at this point.. But this is a great name to be included in his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
      Floyd option A - no doubt I agree
      Cool

P-Will option B - Pac's team is unanimous in making him fight no higher than 147..
      Fight him at 147 then, P-Will has been saying that they can make it with no problem. So the 147 is not a problem and he is way better more dangerous than Berto is.

Bradley option C - Berto is still a better fight in my opinion..
      Cool that is your opinion and I respect. I personally don't see how in anyway Berto @ 147 is better than Bradley @ 140.

JMM option - that ship has sailed. And Pac can no longer go down to 135..
      That ship has not sailed at 135, it has sailed above 135 but not at LW especially if JMM beats Katsidis. Pac weighed in at 144 for a 150 fight. And, by all accounts he was trying to put on weight. He can still easily make 140. Very easily still make it. And, he can still make 135, he might struggle but he can make it.

But, Berto is way better than Mosley at this point.

Comment

Finally, some good news for the fans...Not so much for Berto..

Comment

Easy fight for Pac, I think he will KO Berto in 5

Comment

Not career defining, but a very solid win.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Cool

Fight him at 147 then, P-Will has been saying that they can make it with no problem. So the 147 is not a problem and he is way better more dangerous than Berto is.

Cool that is your opinion and I respect. I personally don't see how in anyway Berto @ 147 is better than Bradley @ 140.

That ship has not sailed at 135, it has sailed above 135 but not at LW especially if JMM beats Katsidis. Pac weighed in at 144 for a 150 fight. And, by all accounts he was trying to put on weight. He can still easily make 140. Very easily still make it. And, he can still make 135, he might struggle but he can make it.

But, Berto is way better than Mosley at this point.
              P-will at 147 is a struggle, and I feel that Pac will get accused of dehydrating fighters again.. It's seems cool to say that P-will at 147 is a dangerous fight for Pac now, but that was the same thing they said against De La Hoya when that fight was announced..

Comment

Originally posted by Manny P View Post
                And Clottey Margarito deserve how?
                i never said such

Comment

Much better than Shane or JMM at 147. Not a big fan of Berto but it'll be nice to see a relatively young boxer get some shine in the WW division.

Comment

P-will at 147 is a struggle, and I feel that Pac will get accused of dehydrating fighters again.. It's seems cool to say that P-will at 147 is a dangerous fight for Pac now, but that was the same thing they said against De La Hoya when that fight was announced..
                    P-Will is not Oscar... And, if he is dehydrated or any other excuse you want to make for that fight not happening. The point is that a drained P-Will is still better and more dangerous than F'ing Berto...

Stop telling me what people said, focus on what I say when you and I are talking. I said Oscar was going to get stopped in 11 rounds against Pac. So I don't care what people said about that fight cuz that is not what I believed about that fight.

But, Berto is still way better than a potential Mosley fight.

However, if today was Williams vs Berto at 147. I would bet every single point I had on Williams running through Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      P-Will is not Oscar... And, if he is dehydrated or any other excuse you want to make for that fight not happening. The point is that a drained P-Will is still better and more dangerous than F'ing Berto...

Stop telling me what people said, focus on what I say when you and I are talking. I said Oscar was going to get stopped in 11 rounds against.

But, Berto is still way better than a potential Mosley fight.

However, if today was Williams vs Berto at 147. I would bet every single point I had on Williams running through Berto.
                      Williams has not fought at 147 for close to 3 years.. You mean to tell me that there will be no excuse if he gets defeated. Williams/Pac is acceptable if this was fought at 154.. You were livid about Pac fighting Marg at 150, what more about Williams at 147..Either way lets just wait if Williams/Martinez fight first...
                      Last edited by mikemurni; 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X