No announcement yet.

Love for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love for Boxing

Hi there! I am an avid boxing enthusiast from the Philippines and I just want to share something. Once I have seen on our local television about those boxers who made a mark in Boxing history and made our country be seen in the world of sports on how are they doing now today. It's a pity to know that those boxers were not given any support from the government or any benefits as an former athlete. If it was not so with the media who gave them the full support to be seen in national television, the people behind the sports commission never gave importance to the. There was this boxer who is already a stroke patient and he can't hardly sustain for his daily medicines.
    I hope our Philippine government must do something about this thing. I don't know with other countries if there athlete just grow old empty handed and poor as compared to our athlete, we should give recognition to this people they were a part of our history.

I'm sorry...what?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      I'm sorry...what?
      He's mentioning how it's bad that former fighters are given no support despite being old, broke and ill.

Comment

I've always liked the idea of a commission taking 2.5% of a boxers purse and putting it in a pension fund.

It really is to the sports shame, and us as fans, that it does virtually nothing to help those who have left so much in the ring. Homelessness, drug addiction, pugilist dementia and other serious boxing induced injuries - the sport couldn't care less and it's disgusting.

Comment

Working...
        X