Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The utter stupidity of protesting the Ferguson incident is out of this world baffling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    It's clear you don't have the first idea about how effective handguns are, what police proficiency is like and how accuracy suffers in stressful situations. You also don't know what sort of damage a bullet can do, especially a hollow point as used by law enforcement in the US.

According to the officer yes, it did.

Sample bias. These situations occur with white suspects as well.

That's a strange claim to make. Deliberately botched the investigation? Even the Ferguson protesters aren't making that claim.
    And it went to a Grand Jury instead of a prosecutor.

Body cameras should be standard issue. Jurisdictions that have them show a significant drop in complaints against officers, probably due to officers behaving better but also to people realising that frivolous complaints are not going to be supported.

I hear of cases where people make complaints against officers only to quickly and quietly drop them once they know the incident was on video.
    Actually I do. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't. Mike Brown was not armed so hollow point bullets are not an issue. Again, police train for these situations. Does that mean everything will go as planned, of course not.

I would disagree with that officer as Mike Brown again was unarmed. The officer can pull his gun as he sees fit IMO. All I am suggesting is a suspect without a weapon should not be subjected to "kill shots" for lack of a better term.

Not sample bias. Too often, officers feel the need to use lethal force when engaged with unarmed black male suspects. Does that make every case the same, no.

Comment

Among many reasons, they're protesting the verdict that wasn't to be.

The cop not being charged with at least Criminally negligent manslaughter is what fuels the protests because the victim was unarmed.

They feel the cop should be in jail.
      Last edited by MindBat; 12-02-2014, 11:48 AM. Reason: wrong legal term

Comment

I agree with all of Piggys points in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Actually I do. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't. Mike Brown was not armed so hollow point bullets are not an issue. Again, police train for these situations. Does that mean everything will go as planned, of course not.

I would disagree with that officer as Mike Brown again was unarmed. The officer can pull his gun as he sees fit IMO. All I am suggesting is a suspect without a weapon should not be subjected to "kill shots" for lack of a better term.

Not sample bias. Too often, officers feel the need to use lethal force when engaged with unarmed black male suspects. Does that make every case the same, no.
          He was shot twice and still charging forward before he was killed with a "kill shot".

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            He was shot twice and still charging forward before he was killed with a "kill shot".
            Dude, you are taking one line out of the whole post. that doesn't help.

Charging forward, really. He was still unarmed. You don't use the same tactics with a wild animal that you do a human being. do you?

Comment

Poor innocent Mike Brown

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Dude, you are taking one line out of the whole post. that doesn't help.

Charging forward, really. He was still unarmed. You don't use the same tactics with a wild animal that you do a human being. do you?
                A massive dude that you know will easily beat the **** out of you is charging towards you. You shoot him and he's still coming. What you going to do? Let him get a hold of you? The fatal shots were fired from 1-2 feet away he couldn't let him get much closer than that could he?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  A massive dude that you know will easily beat the **** out of you is charging towards you. You shoot him and he's still coming. What you going to do? Let him get a hold of you? The fatal shots were fired from 1-2 feet away he couldn't let him get much closer than that could he?
                  If its you or me that's one thing-if you are a an officer trained in the use of firearms and have SOP involving engaging a potential suspect its another.

I just don't think its right or just that an unarmed suspect gets shot to death by a PO.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I hope you and your family never have to go through what Mike Brown's family is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Poor innocent Mike Brown
                    I agree with the grand juries decision but pics of him being a dumb teenager shouldn't be used a measure of the man. Im 30, we didn't have the smart phones or even razor flip phones when I was in high school. If they did, I would have some dumbass pics of me floating out there. There is a pic of me passed out reaching for an empty bottle of Jack missing a shoe from when I was 15. That alone would get me in trouble lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Poor innocent Mike Brown
                      Thats actually not him. I saw this somewhere else I have to dig it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X